Subject Author Posted Replies

Socket not working
Hopefully enough description in this so Brian can understand at it's all pictures and a video. So a socket is not working and when I plug in the socket tester there is no response at all but the volt...
27
27

OT: Things to come
When everyone is assigned an annual standard carbon footprint limit by law. Those that have more than one child are sterilised, because the maintenance of the world population level is becoming...
8
8

Restring Sanderson pleated blind
String has broken

Recommissioning Vintage Mobile Phones
Hi all, Digging around in some old boxes upstairs, I came across a Motorola Flip Phone LT which I haven't used in donkey's years. Here's a pic from a similar one on Ebay: I thougth it might be kind of...
10
10

build one
A friend of mine got a package stolen from her porch so I built the ultimate revenge, a package that holds a cannon that shoots dog shit when the thief opens the box. If you are also dealing with this...
4
4

When we are all EV drivers
Then this bloke will have no more fun •All footage was recorded by myself at Rufford Mill Ford, North Nottinghamshire. •Tiktok: Bengregers •Video enquiries please contact:...
213
213

OT: pre-buying gas by inflating meter readings?
I'm on a variable tarriff and have an old dumb gas meter. Given that gas prices look likely to rise when the cap is finally removed or revised upwards, would it be sensible to accidentally submit a...
17
17

tap to ceramic sink sealing
I have had a problem with an upstairs bathroom. It seems a basin tap has been dripping. The drip has run not into the sink but down the stem to the base of the tap and a broken back nut has allowed...
4
4

[COP26] the very height of hypocrisy....
Bill Gates sails into Glasgow on a $2m-a-week rented superyacht. Jeff Bezos flies in on his $60m private jet. All to tell *you* that *you* have to give up *your* lifestyle 'to save the planet'....
86
86

Land Registry log in for 'alerts'
The log-in says I will get an email that will start my account. No email has come after two days. When I emailed to ask why an automated email email came saying that they are taking five days to...
24
24

OT: Sound and Vision Auction
Lots of singles, Vinyl playing equipment, etc. https://www.twgaze.co.uk/auctions/catalogues-and-auctions/current-catalogues/sound-and-vision/SearchForm?Query= Sound & Vision | TW Gaze

OT Yahoo Mail ... GRRRRRR ! ! ! !
Yahoo Mail has started blasting unwanted adverts on the screen. Why isn't Ghostery muting them? Time to stop using Yahoo Mail?
4
4

Getting a duplicate SIM card
Hi all, As part of my "de-Googlifying my life" strategy, I would lke to have an identical SIM card made to the one I normally use in my Samsung smart phone. I will then stick the duplicate into a...
16
16

1975 Goblin Teasmade Kettle Spout Gasket
Just picked this relic up at car boot, tested the element before parting with my fiver. With such simple engineering it all works OK. The only issue is the outlet spout leaks when boiling. For those...
15
15

Buying gas permeable contact lenes online.
I got my current gas permeable contact lenses from Specsavers. Good value (for the UK) at £100 a pair then. Oddly, they charge the same for a replacement pair as they do for fitting and supplying....
7
7