Subject Author Posted Replies

Dead UPS - options
After suffering another power cut (is it me, or are they getting more frequent ?) and having my house server go down spectacularly ungracefully, my thoughts turned to the UPS I used have, which went...
28
28

drilling and lubricant
Have a small electric drill with a 8mm drill trying to drill through some mild steel about 7 mm thick. The drill is pretty blunt. I'm leaning on it and making little progress. I know the answer is to...
20
20

Runner beans being dug up (Squirrels or Magpies?)
IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING. I planted out some young runner bean plants a couple of weeks ago as I usually do this time of year, and have just noticed that they are now all dying because their stalks have...
10
10

Anyone here any good at animations?
I think I put too many charts in this one: The latest news about Opera web browsers, tech trends, internet tips.
4
4

RS485 over wireless (cctv ptz controller without wires)
i know there are a few radio hams on here, and other knowledgeable people when it comes to electronics and the like, i've got a cctv system in my aviary, the dvr is located about 30 feet from the...
7
7

For real ... ?
know anything about these, or the technology employed ? I dunno, but it feels like one of those "If it seems too good to be true ... " things. Or is it just another company jumping on the eco-bollox...
39
39

Audio spirit level source
I'm looking for one of these. thy used to be all over the place a few years ago, now not even the blind organisations seem to have any. Apparently I'm told that the new designs of electronic ones use...
6
6

Sliding door gear - good makes & suppliers?
I want to install some quite large sliding doors across the end of a room to cover a bookcase. The total width is about 3.2 metres and it's a standard 2.4 metres or thereabouts high. Ideally we want...
3
3

Small air pressure switch
Macerator, I know they are spawn of the devil etc. Most boilers, washing machines, etc. use a fairly standard switch about 3 inches in diameter. My macerator has a mini one only 1 inch across,...
1
1

Surplus Items Q
"John Rumm" wrote Thanks John When it's all finished with I'll make a list Phil
9
9

[OT] - BBC News Website Most Popular - Read .....WTF is going on?
For the last few days it looks knackered, dominated by stories exactly a full calendar month old. For instance, number 1 "Camerons Left Daughter at Pub" 11 June 2012 The rest of the top 10 are all...
2
2

Aldi £59 petrol generator and television
On just buying a 800 watt 'two' stroke petrol generator from Aldi, we have heard from someone who says that he has got one; and that his is running very roughly, and is really noisy. Also it says in...
16
16

IEE certificates
I think I have seen you gentlemen discuss IEE certificates. A friend has been told by his new insurance company to supply one for his joinery workshop. He thought being self employed and no employees...

Re: Fixing things to lightweight block walls
AAC blocks are the most cost effective and eco-friendly material used as substitute of traditional clay bricks. It is recommended by Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) as material of choice for LEED...
1
1

Re: Ot Why is noise-pollution not real pollution?
Well, maybe your council is not as alert, but I do detect that if the noise happens late at night at weekends it tends to get more instant action than at other times. Of course it also depends on...
1
1