Audio spirit level source

I'm looking for one of these. thy used to be all over the place a few years ago, now not even the blind organisations seem to have any. Apparently I'm told that the new designs of electronic ones use lcds rather than leds so were not so easy to put sounder onto.

So much for progress.

I have a talking steel rule.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Here's one, Brian. Not very cheap. I did find others - the keyword seems to be 'audible'.

Bob Eager

Yes I already ordered from them, they are out of stock and have been told no more are being made.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There are some available --

Very small and short, clip-on, for a camera:

here a video (yeah, I know, but audio is informative) of contractor-grade Stabila levels. These are not cheap... but they do have beeping electronics, and look well-made with more features than most need.

I found a German comapny that sell a small beeping spirit level:

(It's in German, sorry Brian, just for reference) Phone for them, Telefon: (49) 0228/2 07 99 35

I'd say you have a sporting chance of getting someone wth a bit of English on the line...

Blurb for the level, run through googles auto-translator:

New! Digital Level with audible signal This compact digital spirit level made possible by the acoustic signal horizontal and vertical measurements without sighted assistance. In addition, an arbitrary slope than 0 degree line are determined. The water level is from a continuous series of rapid beeps when the device is exactly in the horizontal, the vertical or inclined position of the self-defined. Other features: large, backlit LCD display, hold button to freeze the reading and then reading in the reader, for example, measurement of slope or inclination in degrees or percentages, resolution of 0.1 ° or 0.1%, adjustable alarm when a predetermined angle, Automatic calibration after inserting the batteries, turn the display on the overhead measurement, in addition, two classic horizontal and vertical vials are available, cut sole with a large magnet. Technical Data: Power supply via 2 AAA batteries, automatic shutdown after 3 minutes, Dimensions 235 x 56 x 17 mm, weight 248g, color silver. Supplied with batteries, instruction in braille, by email or on request on cassette. Order Number H311 Price from us only 27,95 ? plus shipping costs from 5,00 ?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes all the same one I think. I do wish people who sell stuff would keep their web sites up to date. its very irritating to find things apparently in stock, wade through the e commerce hoops and then get an email saying its out of stock you will be mailed if ever we get them back.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Digital Level 600mm(SILVERLINE 456976)

Two Amazon stockist claim to have some.

Digipas

a couple with audio indicators such as the DWL 200 and DWL 280

Amazon have some suppliers

also have the cheaper DWL100CWP which clips onto an existing level and gives an audio signal at 0deg, 90deg and any held value.

TaraxTech in Dundee appear to be their UK agents 07825 041 403 they have an online shop at

Peter Parry