Furry dots source?

No don't laugh, I'm looking for a source of those sheets of sticky spots but with a kind of baize or felty finish. You see them on the metal feet of carriage clocks etc, to stop things scratching. I have another use in mind as a tactile marker for some items for blind people that are not so easy to knock off as bump ones or stick on feet. So I need lots of em. I have looked on the web but they seem to sell it in sheets, or in large diameter dots for under furniture at rather silly ie expensive prices, but no likkle dots. We don't care about the colour, they wont see it!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

How many, what size?

There are places selling rolls if 1mm thick self-adhesive felt, 2 square metres for £30, borrow a sighted child for an hour or two and give them a hole-punch to play with and you'll have lots of dots

Reply to
Andy Burns

Brian,

Ebay 170762219403

48 self adhesive felt dots for furniture protection £3.45 and 38p packing

Various sizes and shapes from same seller

Reply to
Nthkentman

Reply to
pcb1962

I bought a couple of sheets of assorted sizes in one of the pound shops in Scotland for I think it was £2

Reply to
ss

That wasn't a pound shop then, that was Jenners :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hmm, probably a bit too thick, the ones I've seen hardly have any thickness at all, are quite small and green furry. the whole idea is the texture not the deptth, its the deptch that makes they easy to knock off. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Hmm I need them all the same size, about 200 might be enough, not sure about diameter, maybe 3/8th or a little bigger.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Maybe it was an impound shop, ie the stuff sold off from police raids.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Wilkinson have some such things in. I noticed them the other day when I was Buying some stick-on rubber 'bumpers'/feet for the remote controls (so that the RCs can be operated with one hand/finger without falling over). On one RC I have a small piece of 'cro' (the fluffy part of velcro) stuck to the 'OK' button - I can now fumble in the dark and know where I am when I feel the furry bit in the middle.

Reply to
PeterC

These people will mount just about any material onto a sticky backing and cut it into shapes for you. I have used them for years. It depends upon whether you need enough to make it worth while having them purpose made. Perhaps you could sell any excess to other places that might need them?

you could buy self-adhesive baize and use a punch to make your own:

Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Two sheets at a =A31 each.

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Now we know the purpose of pubic hair.

Reply to
Richard

You can buy Velcro dots in 25m rolls, in different diameters:

hook and the loop dots could be used to give different tactile sensations.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Though given the number of women who go in for waxing or shaving it's fortunate I can identify the area without that aid...

Reply to
docholliday93

diameter 1.5mm thick self adhesive felt pads, about £14 for 200.

Reply to
Peter Parry

You mean... ...Oh never mind.

Reply to