Subject Author Posted Replies

restoration home
Anyone watching "restoration home", presented by Caroline Quentin ? The program is interesting, but wow the commentary is annoying. Caroline sounds like she doesn't understand anything she is saying,...
4
4

Man dies after barbecue explosion
he was using an angle grinder! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-19035426Apparently
27
27

The best newsgroup around
I subscribe to a number of newgroups, ranging from IT related to health and of course this one. I have to say that the uk.d-i-y one is by FAR the best. Brilliant exchange of ideas and genuinely good...
11
11

Chrome tubing rusted
I fitted some chrome tubing over the bath for the shower curtain. I also used chrome coated copper pipe in the same area. Over the years the chrome tubing (the type B&Q sell for wardrobe purposes) has...
2
2

Bay Window Ceiling Mould
The bay window ceiling is showing signs of mould spots about to burst through the wallpaper covering. The bay window roof is flat, and tends to be the coldest part of the room in winter (not been able...
4
4

Car battery charger
Kind people here once suggested a Ctek charger to leave attached to my car in the garage. At the time I couldn't get one quickly, so settled for another make. I now need to replace the one I bought...
3
3

Scorched cable
I just loosened the cooker FCU, and was alarmed to find that the neutral go= ing out (to the cooker) pretty much fell out of its terminal without any pr= ompting, to reveal blackened copper strands...
2
2

Rifeng Compression Fittings
I need to make some "adjustments" to the piss-poor plumbing done by an Italian plumber (a man with an IQ in single digits). He's used every PEX-AL-PEX tube size in the catalogue, with the exception of...

OT Fat people AGAIN
"This to me says that the big reason that Westerners are getting fat is because we eat too much - it's not because we exercise too little," said Dr Pontzer. Well I could have told him that.
14
14

Dishwashers
Our 20 y/o, multiply mended, disintegrating racks, Bosch dishwasher has expired - the pump doesn't run any more ... So, what's a good brand to replace it with? I can't keep up with the dance of brand...
8
8

Angle grinder ...
... claims another victim A man dies in hospital after an empty oil drum exploded as he tried to turn it into a barbecue at a house in Oxfordshire.
26
26

Life of an Indirect Hot Water Cylinder
What sort of life should you get out of an indirect hot water cylinder. Mine is 32 years old. I had to have a tall skinny one installed to fit the airing cupboard. The airing cupboard is now...
5
5

How to fill gap between wall and floor
cant see what needs filing in that pic. Our Wiki has an article on filling NT
10
10

Ryobi Chainsaw parts-Where?
I have a Ryobi 3535 Petrol Chainsaw... Seemed like a good idea when I bought it, but less so now. I now have my second repair to do on it. Replacing the Brake Band, a steel loop which "strangles" the...
2
2

OT: The Queen
Did anybody else notice that the bloody woman had a face like busted clock on the opening ceremony? I'm not into the Queen and I'm not into the Games. But surely she could have managed a smile.
63
63