Rifeng Compression Fittings

I need to make some "adjustments" to the piss-poor plumbing done by an Italian plumber (a man with an IQ in single digits). He's used every PEX-AL-PEX tube size in the catalogue, with the exception of 32mm.

Mostly what I need to do is reduce the length of tube although in some cases I ned to do this by removing a a press-fit elbow, shortening one leg of the 90 degree bend and remaking the joint. I deally I don't want to spend a bloody fortune on tools before undertaking this work and the tools can be *very* expensive.

I note from the Rifeng catalogue that they have two systems for fittings, press fit and compression fitting. The pressfit systems are compressed onto the tube using a hand tool (quite expensive) with interchangeable jaws sold separately (£10-12 ea). I would need three sets of jaws (16, 20, 25) as well as the tool, making the total cost close to £100.

I can also see mention of "F1" compression fittings that are described as "no tools required in a Rifeng PDF brochure. No indication of merchants able to supply these fittings.

So:

Does anyone know an on-line retailer for F1 fittings? My googlings isn't getting there.

Does anyone know how to remove press-fit fittings of this type? Is it a case of "well, you're stuffed cut through the tube and discard tube and fitting, remake the joint from scratch"?

The brochures supplied by Rifeng are fairly good, but don't make any mention of how to remake joints.

Reply to
Steve Firth