Subject Author Posted Replies

How should/can I choose the right bed mattress type?
Hi all, How should/can I choose the right bed mattress type? I bought a Memory foam mattress and a year later it still gives me a stiff back every morning I normally get up early because of it! I do...
30
30

Megaman CFL dimmer
Been looking at CFLs but with dimming capabilities, only to find that Megaman recommend their own dimmer - they don't say other dimmers won't work, just theirs is the one for the job. Snag is, it's...
7
7

OT - configuring PAN newsreader -Xpost
I have used Pan in the past under Linux. IIRC for a while it was not part of the official build. Now it seems to be back. Fine - it was a pretty good news reader. However having installed the latest...
34
34

2D bulb question
Need to replenish my stocks, but confused to find I can get 2 pin in 16 or 28W, and 4 pin in 16/21/28/38/55 watt. Am I right in thinking there just two physical sizes: 2 pin about 14 cm across and 4...
9
9

Stopping condensation on underside of asbestos outhouse roof...
Almost anything, singly or in combination, is useful.=20 * Reduce the moisture indoors. Seal leaks, paint floors, fit a dehumidifier= . * Reduce the chill effect of the roof by improving its...
34
34

OT Hotmail and junk mail
OT but this group knows everything If I send an email to someone with a hotmail account my email if junked. Any ideas how to stop this?
10
10

OT: Parcel2Go hassle (again) - is there anyone that regulates or has any interest in couriers?
These people are still bu&&ering me about - is there any trade association that can help?

Whinging bastards
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it. I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer -...
31
31

The irony of it
One of todays jobs was to test and sign off the electrics in an extention for a local council. The ironic bit is that the guy that built the extention and did the electrics is an electrician for the...
4
4

Part P possible changes
"However, where any concerns do arise it is necessary to address them. That is why we listened to those that expressed concern with the costs associated with the electrical safety in the home...
24
24

Arise, Sir Muttonchops
68
68

B&Q heated towel rail
Fitted a chrome plated B&Q heated towel rail for a pal a few years back. Thought it rubbish compared to my stainless steel one which came from TLC - but it had already been bought, so just got on with...
3
3

small neat white inline junction box
I need a small neat white junction box to interface between the grey TWE co= ming out of a hole in the wall just below the kitchen wall cabinets, and th= e white flex to linked mini-fluorescents under...
5
5

Radiator removal tips
Tried to remove a radiator for flushing, but the nuts attaching it to the valves are encrusted in several layers of paint. Chipped some off but wouldn't budge (not without it breaking something). (And...
11
11

Very unhelpful supplier
I maintain my car myself but can't be arsed to do the oil change so I sub that out to those who can do it cheaper than I can get the bits. Setting old enmity aside I check out Kwikfit who say they...
37
37