OT Hotmail and junk mail

OT but this group knows everything

If I send an email to someone with a hotmail account my email if junked.

Any ideas how to stop this?

Reply to
ARW

All Hotmail accounts or just one? Hotmail mailboxes have a spamtrap facility which can be programmed by the user to a certain extent.

Get a hotmail account?

Your server may be on Hotmail's blacklist for Spam. I occasionally have the same trouble sending from my private server to BT, or from BT or my server to a NHS server, for instance. These turn out to be occasions when someone else on my (shared) server IP address has been sending spam. Sometimes, it happens the other way, and Spamcop reports a spam storm from the NHS address or BT's address range.

Reply to
John Williamson

For a single person, get them to add you to their address book and then send you an email. Any reply *should* then get through

If it is in general then you are f*cked.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Who is your ISP?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Virgin. With a Blueyonder email address.

Reply to
ARW

Tell them to improve the junk mail setting in their email client. Or is it hotmail doing the junking (i.e. the recipient never even sees the mail)? If its the latter nothing to be done unless they stop using it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

FSVO "fine", great if you are a spammer...

Because the person you are sending to hasn't "added your email to their address book" aka the whitelist.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

tell then to just go and find your mail in their junk folder

(then they can mark you as a "safe" sender)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

That is what I did. One email was for work and the other was to do with an item from eBay.

Hotmail is shit. 99% of my emails are to people who already know me - but two missing emails in two days to new contacts.

Reply to
ARW

So not much point in them giving anyone new their email address then?

Reply to
ARW

hotmail's junk filter catches most spam but i check it at least once a week for the occasional message which isnt spam, and rightclick the message to tell hotmail it isnt spam. It learns.

[g]
Reply to
george - dicegeorge