Subject Author Posted Replies

Combi - replacing circuit board
In message , fred writes Received this today I thought I'd share (a board we send out with a 12 month warranty for £50 ++) "Hi, I found you via Google and wondered if you would be interested in...
12
12

GU10 bulbs - LED type
Friend has a 4-lamp ceiling light which takes the usual GU10 halogen bulbs, 2 of them blew so she went out and bought 2 replacements which were LED ones - same shape and fittings but have what looks...
17
17

OT. Freezer gassing
Our freezer compressor runs but no longer cools. Repairer called out says it has lost it's gas. Repairer says gassing is only done by a very limited number of companies, that it is expensive and if...
10
10

8mm Propane Gas Valve
I am looking for an 8mm spigotted Gas Isolating Valve (or a F/I screwed Val= ve and some M/I spigots)to cut into the 8mm tube to my propane greenhouse h= eater. All the ones I can find are Compression...
3
3

Curious electrical fault
The extractor fan - pull cord timer type - in my bathroom is pushing on 20 yrs old, and yes, is possibly due for replacement which I suspect will be the logical answer. Anyway for the past 3 years or...
3
3

Fxed at last! My Wallstar 15/20 oil boiler is now working properly
With the original spec DKO970 control box fitted (a new one, not the actual original unit that was fitted when the boiler was brand new 9 years ago) we noticed that the fire valve was letting air in,...
12
12

How should/can I choose the right bed mattress type?
Hi all, How should/can I choose the right bed mattress type? I bought a Memory foam mattress and a year later it still gives me a stiff back every morning I normally get up early because of it! I do...
30
30

Megaman CFL dimmer
Been looking at CFLs but with dimming capabilities, only to find that Megaman recommend their own dimmer - they don't say other dimmers won't work, just theirs is the one for the job. Snag is, it's...
7
7

OT - configuring PAN newsreader -Xpost
I have used Pan in the past under Linux. IIRC for a while it was not part of the official build. Now it seems to be back. Fine - it was a pretty good news reader. However having installed the latest...
34
34

2D bulb question
Need to replenish my stocks, but confused to find I can get 2 pin in 16 or 28W, and 4 pin in 16/21/28/38/55 watt. Am I right in thinking there just two physical sizes: 2 pin about 14 cm across and 4...
9
9

Stopping condensation on underside of asbestos outhouse roof...
Almost anything, singly or in combination, is useful.=20 * Reduce the moisture indoors. Seal leaks, paint floors, fit a dehumidifier= . * Reduce the chill effect of the roof by improving its...
34
34

OT Hotmail and junk mail
OT but this group knows everything If I send an email to someone with a hotmail account my email if junked. Any ideas how to stop this?
10
10

OT: Parcel2Go hassle (again) - is there anyone that regulates or has any interest in couriers?
These people are still bu&&ering me about - is there any trade association that can help?

Whinging bastards
I was asked if I could fix the boiler in the village Scout Hut - broken inbuilt programmer and they had had a quote of £150 to fix it. I said I could do it for free with a stand alone programmer -...
31
31

The irony of it
One of todays jobs was to test and sign off the electrics in an extention for a local council. The ironic bit is that the guy that built the extention and did the electrics is an electrician for the...
4
4