Subject Author Posted Replies

Lidl floor paint?
Lidl are currently selling a grey acrylic floor paint, £15 for 5 litres. Does anyone have any experience? I want to paint the T&G floor of a new summerhouse. TIA
10
10

How does expanding foam work ?
That may sound like a stupid question but... For reasons beyond this topic, I wanted to make the cardboard tube from the inside of a paper towel roll a bit more rigid. Ahah, thought I, fill it with...
18
18

beko any good ?
We need a freezer that is suitable for use in a garage. So far all I've turned up is a Beko model. Never head of Beko before. Are they reliable?
27
27

Moving a safe
I've just bought a property which has a floor-standing safe. I'd like to move this to another house a couple of miles away. Thankfully, both the current and planned locations are on the ground floor,...
8
8

CH pump location?
I'm planning to fit a new boiler to an existing CH system soon. Currently it is gravity fed DHW and pumped, vented CH but I will go fully pumped and pressurised adding the expansion vessel etc....
16
16

Who in their right mind
keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?
15
15

Million quid for doing nothing?
£1,146,614 for wind farms to shut turbines for one day n es-for-one-day-1-2920750 http://www.scotsman.com/news/environment/1m-for-wind-farms-to-shut-turbi
10
10

Easiets/cheapest way to get rid of garden waste?
Clearing out for Mum, there's loads of branches, twigs, grass, flowerpots etc., quite a lot of boot-loads but her local tip only allows local residents to dump there, you need ID and a recent utility...
90
90

(OT) Killer application
Looks like 3D printing has found its killer application. I suppose it was inevitable but I'd rather that terrorists weren't given any more help than necessary. :-( Tim
33
33

[ot] cooker hoods
Hi, Thanks to the group, I think I have sorted out the hob, but I now need to choose the cooker hood. It seems there is a choice of two: with paper filters or with metal ones that you wash in the...
15
15

Wiki / FAQ thoughts
We have not had a discussion on this for a few years, so thought it worth getting some opinion... The wiki continues to grow slowly... (137 registered users, of which 4 do most of the regular editing...
12
12

OT: Email hosting
My shared hosting provider has decided to throw in the towel, so I'm left trying to work out where to move things to. Web and DNS I'll probably DIY, but I came to the conclusion life's too short to...
15
15

White patches caused by damp bricks
Presumably this is what happens if you don't keep your bricks dry when storing them prior to use. I don't think I'd be pleased if it was my building I'd just paid a few hundred thousand to have built!
11
11

OT: Ping Brian Gaff:
Debian Wheezy for sight-impaired. "The installation process has been greatly improved: Debian can now be installed using software speech, above all by visually impaired people who do not use a Braille...

OT: External hard drive and Windows 8
I installed a new hard drive in my sister's laptop about 6 months ago. Laptop was running Vista Home Premium if I remember correctly but it has now died due to a motherboard problem (graphics). The...
14
14