Lidl floor paint?

Lidl are currently selling a grey acrylic floor paint, £15 for 5 litres. Does anyone have any experience? I want to paint the T&G floor of a new summerhouse.
TIA

Floor paint to me usually means something that goes on concrete?
--
*When cheese gets it's picture taken, what does it say?

On Tue, 07 May 2013 11:11:37 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

There are floor paints for concrete floors and floor paint for wooden floors - like painting old floorboards.
Not sure which one the Lidl variety is.
Cheers
Dave R
On 07/05/2013 13:44, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

I *think* the packaging said it could be used on either, but certainly included use on wood. The last time I used one on wood it was a traditional oil based paint, this one (obviously) is a heavy duty emulsion.
For "industrial" use on concrete you typically use two pack epoxies, which are of course much more expensive.
My reason for asking is that while I am normally skeptical about "budget" paints, in my experience Lidl and Aldi hardware is usually very good value for money.
On 07/05/2013 14:23, newshound wrote:

The cans (not tins, they are plastic!) I saw a few minutes ago in Lidl expressly say for concrete. Did not spend long looking - it is not impossible they say something else on another part of the can.
--
Rod

On 07/05/2013 16:14, polygonum wrote:

Quite right, they were plastic. I don't really see why acrylic should not be suitable for wood as well. Expect I won't be allowed to use it because of the colour.
--
We do not believe any group of men adequate enough or wise enough to
operate without scrutiny or without criticism. We know that the only way

And paints for kitchens. Bathrooms. Bedrooms. All from the same vat but different labels. Really can't see why you'd need a special paint for a wood floor.

Haven't seen it. I've never heard of Lidl paint so don't know if it has a decent reputation.
--
*Lawyers believe a man is innocent until proven broke.

Well the containers have the branding Baufix on them - same as a fair number of other products at Lidl such as silicone sealant, silicone remover, acrylic sealant, glues, preservatives. Reviews seem OK to good or very good. So far, I have not been in a position to buy and use them myself.
--
Rod

On 07/05/2013 16:56, polygonum wrote:

Think I might have written wrongly - their upcoming silicone sealant is NOT Baufix.
--
Rod

On Tue, 07 May 2013 10:17:22 +0100, newshound wrote:

You want to paint nice T&G timber with grey paint? Surely a good quality varnish would be much better. Dulux Diamond Glaze, not cheap but hard wearing or is "cheap" an over whelming factor?
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 08/05/2013 10:23, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Fair point, except that I am sure it is going to get mucky. We'll probably sling down some cheap matting, and we are not trying to make it into the sort of place you see in the glossy magazines. Also it takes time to get a nice finish, and I'm going to have to keep it clean while I put it down (floor isn't in yet). But my conscience is "twinged".