Subject Author Posted Replies

Anti roof moss measures
We're getting our roof retiled and it strikes me that if I'm ever going to go up there and fix something to the roof to suppress moss, it's now or never. Are there any good products (like self...
9
9

Rocking paving stones
Especially after a drink or two. Seriously, several the paviours in my patio have started to rock slightly. What is the easiest way of dealing with this and steadying them?
7
7

The return of Heathkit?
85
85

Remaking my front steps
After 20 years my old front steps that I made out of bits of hardwood from old pallets have now rotted: In NZ we have pinus radiata that can be treated to last in the ground almost for ever by using...
2
2

Restart parties ...
On a warm summer's night they came, bearing the damaged and broken, to the place where old things are healed and made whole again. This time they came to the Camden Town Shed, in north London, but...
4
4

OT Linux/ubuntu
After talk on here I'm playing with ubuntu after years of windas... Any pointers please to a good faq on similar level transition queries? E.g. My admin a/c can see & access other m/c's on windas...
6
6

Affixing a fiberglass rope gasket
The rope gasket on the baffle clean out cover on my Mexico boiler has come unstuck, I'm going to get some new rope gasket but what is the best adhesive to use to fix it to the aluminium cover.
5
5

OT For all you cat lovers
Cat cams and GPS to see what they were up to. I found it a most interesting TV programme.
28
28

Severn Trent Bill
Just got the above which states that I am £51 in credit, therefore my direct debit is being increased from £ 17 to £22. Can they do "sums"?
11
11

OT: Anyone know about mattress sheet dimensions?
We've ordered a 'small double' bed (4 ft, 120 cm) for a smallish bedroom with awkwardly situated furniture. We are now trying to get our heads around the complications of ordering fitted sheets. Most...
2
2

Please burn as much fossil fuels as possible
maybe, just maybe, it will bring on global warming. I am freezing, and it is almost July!
8
8

Way OT - Interner memes, technology, British summer and more
Let's add serendipity. I was contemplating the Usenet meme "AICMFP" (and I claim my five pounds) which originated, IIRC, in newspaper campaigns in the '50s and '60s where a picture was published by...
13
13

Screw slots
Shirley Conran wrote "Life's too short to stuff a mushroom", but how important are screw slots? If you want to be very fussy and align the screw slots on switch faceplates, sockets, etc., should they...
64
64

Wind scam revealed
Doncaster Free Press readers? letters. (Attached is a picture of Marr turbines taken from my kitchen window.) Dear Sir, From my kitchen window I have a clear view of the four wind turbines at Marr. At...
47
47

Worcester-Bosch CDi 30 Greenstar
Does anyone know it turning it off with its button on the control panel is any different to isolating its supply? Boiler is in the loft and I like to turn it off if I am isolating the water to avoid...
2
2