The return of Heathkit?

<http://www.heathkit.com/heathkit-faq.html
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 08:14:41 -0400, S Viemeister
Fantastic press release, answered all my questions about the company, but none about the products for the 21st century, like will the SMT workstation be included in the kit, or will they assume you already have one, like you would had an iron.
Or will you be "building" in the sense people say they are "building" a PC, which of course they aren't.
I never built any Heathkit stuff, it was just too expensive.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
On 6/17/2013 9:30 AM, Graham. wrote:

I built loads of it - my Dad was a consultant for them, and I did pre-release test-building, so those kits were free.
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 09:34:04 -0400, S Viemeister

From the questionnaire (my asterisks):
Suppose you could get a special "insider" limited-edition model of a new Heathkit, maybe with special design features, and only a select few people can own it, *but it costs more*. How much extra would this exclusive model be worth to you? Choose one of the following answers
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
On 6/17/2013 12:24 PM, Graham. wrote:

Hmmm.
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:30:10 +0100, Graham. wrote:

I cloned one - the MA-5 mono amplifier. EL84s for output AFAIR.
On 17/06/2013 14:30, Graham. wrote:

I remember when they added it to the Maplin catalogue - some nice looking stuff (plus lots of "too simple" basic projects), but as you say, a frightening price.
I remember reading through all the stuff about HERO-1, and thinking - wow would love to build that. Then I saw the price and thought perhaps not!
--
Cheers,

John.

It certainly was - but the odd thing good value compared to commercially available products. One was their valve voltmeter - still got one here, but can't remember the last time it was used.
--
*Microsoft broke Volkswagen's record: They only made 21.4 million bugs.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I have one! I think it's under the stairs.

--
I think I am an Elephant,
Behind another Elephant
After serious thinking Graham. wrote :

Expensive yea, but they were the bees knees of their day.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
S Viemeister wrote:

Take the survey <http://heathkit.com/survey
or come back tomorrow <http://www.heathkit.com/tomorrow.html
Will the first product be a wigglyscope?
<http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q che:http://heathkit.com/oscil.html&strip=1

I still have the stereo tape recorder I built in 1968.
On 6/17/2013 11:16 AM, Geoff Pearson wrote:

So do I. Two of them - one built-in, one 'portable'.
S Viemeister wrote:

Two stereo tape recorders? That'll be quadraphonic, then.
--
I think I am an Elephant,
Behind another Elephant

I've done the survey.
On Monday, June 17, 2013 4:45:01 PM UTC+1, Geoff Pearson wrote:

Me too, and was suprised by the importance they seem to think Ham radio is . I've never been intrested in that side or electronics.
On Monday, June 17, 2013 1:14:41 PM UTC+1, S Viemeister wrote:

I use (check all that apply): Check any that apply
* iPad * iPhone * Android phone * Android tablet * Kindle * Windows phone * Windows tablet * Blackberry phone * Blackberry Playbook tablet * Other: 1940s dial phone
NT
On 17/06/13 20:29, snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

I am proud to say I don't use any of the above.
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 20:42:55 +0100, The Natural Philosopher

Likewise, apart from dial phones.
--
Frank Erskine

On 17/06/2013 21:03, Frank Erskine wrote:

You use a dial phone? A real one - not one of those dummy ones with buttons?
Couldn't stand one of them with our 11 digit numbers. Glad they were never implemented on mobiles. :-)
--
Rod