The return of Heathkit?

Exactly WHAT on EARTH are you talking about?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Heathkit, it's me, Cathy come home?

(Sorry - but it makes as much sense to me.)

Reply to
polygonum

A Fox hunt is a direction finding exercise as if the hunted was a Fox..

Well .. sort of...

Reply to
tony sayer

They always were grossly over-priced this side of the pond. Whether there were too many middlemen or just greedy retailers, I don't know.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

On Monday 17 June 2013 13:14 S Viemeister wrote in uk.d-i-y:

For the nostalgia:

There's a 1976 catalogue there.

Alarm clock (earlier than the one I made) £45 in 8% VAT - that's about £274 according to the BoE inflation calculator. Blimey...

But I am a little suspcious of that as according to the same, £100 in 2003 is £133 in 2012. But I'm damn sure food and fuel have inflated more than that in the last few years alone.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Never built a Heathkit kit, but I think the RS LED clock modue was somewhere around 20 quid. By the time it was in a vero two tone grey case with a transformer, switches and speaker (for the buzzer) I reckon I'd 'spent' close to

45 quid - no dodgy fake teak on mine though :)

Could have been a couple of years later than '76 though.

Reply to
The Other Mike