Affixing a fiberglass rope gasket

The rope gasket on the baffle clean out cover on my Mexico boiler has come unstuck, I'm going to get some new rope gasket but what is the best adhesive to use to fix it to the aluminium cover.

Reply to
Trevor Smith

The place you get the rope seal from should have the appropiate "high temperature rope adhesive".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

whilst this is indeed the proper and best way, I repair the seal on my log burner with - ahem - evostik!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks, must remember to ask when I get it.

Reply to
Trevor Smith

e unstuck, I'm going to get some new rope gasket but what is the best adhes ive to use to fix it to the aluminium cover.

It was traditionally stuck on with waterglass. If you can still get it.

Reply to
harry

The rope gasket on the baffle clean out cover on my Mexico boiler has come unstuck, I'm going to get some new rope gasket but what is the best adhesive to use to fix it to the aluminium cover.

I fitted a new rope gasket to our wood burner door using standard bathroom silicon sealant. Its still there some years later.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike