Subject Author Posted Replies

Testing the Pikey speed record
I have an old computer (HHD removed) and a fucked electric heater to get rid of. If I leave these outside my house when will they be gone? My CCTV says that it is 21:28 and that I have just put them...
13
13

Has anyninee ever...
..installed a ball valve that when used for its intended purpose - isolating pipework - didn't immediately leak thereafter?
18
18

Emergency Services Helicopters
A dreadful bodge of power over nature. Heh. Yes, "Mostly", being somehow sadly very appropriate here. If they were just a bit better than 'mostly', they wouldn't be flying over cities with a continual...
83
83

Youtube recorder software?..
Does NE 1 know of a decent recorder for the above please thats preferably freeware for a charity project I'm lumbered with?.. Cheers..
24
24

Cheap/Best place for cupboard cacases..
I know - cheap & best don't always go together, but I'm after some basic kitchen cupboard type carcases - this is to fit-out a utility room so it's not a posh shiny kitchen, just needs to be...
11
11

That really is Christmas sorted
Got the gf to phone my mother to find out who wanted what presents, I then gave her the money to buy the gifts. Sorted.
1
1

Expanding foam & mice
Hi Is expanding foam enough to stop mice? I'm trying to eliminate all possible entry points. Thanks Alec
14
14

If a helicopter landed on my roof…
If a helicopter landed on my roof? I would either expect the roof to collapse straight away or to stay up. In the case of the Glasgow pub, the roof stayed up for several seconds after the impact, and...
26
26

Fixing an old telephone
I've been passed an old phone - one of these: - that mostly works but doesn't ring. It has a BT plug on it so I presume someone's had it working, though that's not necessarily the case of course. Any...
12
12

OT; Tesco rip off
I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets fruit juice. Widely available in every corner shop for 99p. In fact, the can has 99p printed all around the top. Couple of weeks...
35
35

Cedar Cladding
Hi, I am planning a new extension on my house, and this will include some cedar cladding. I believe there is a range of different wood/supplier qualities. If any of you have knowledge of this topic, I...
6
6

Scaffold prices
Just got a good quote for some guttering and soffit and flat roof work but the scaffolder the roofer uses wants about £2.5k which is half the quote - this seems rather over the top. House is 3 storey...
12
12

OT: Office chair recommendations
Looking to replace my current office chair with something more comfortable seeing as I seem to spend so much time sat on it. Current one is plastic and rather uncomfortable after a few hours. Anyone...
31
31

Headlight lens discoloured
The plastic lenses on my car are discoloured. I have looked at several You Tube solutions using both toothpaste and special kits. The toothpaste method might work if you have the patience, but ........
1
1

Parkside router.
I have a small router thingie bought from Lidl (Parkside) which is great for cutting small holes out of ply etc using the supplied guide. Makes a neater hole than using a holesaw. Came with two...
21
21