Expanding foam & mice

Hi
Is expanding foam enough to stop mice? I'm trying to eliminate all possible entry points.
Thanks
Alec

No
--
Bill

alec green wrote:

Nope. They will get trough that easily if they want to. However it might just stop them smelling something edible.
Mice have gnawed away chunks of wooden doors in our house.
Metal or mortar is the stuff to stop the little bastards.
On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 18:51:12 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

But not when following a mousey trail left by a mouse that previously went through the hole...

Agreed. Might get away with polyfilla if you make it dead smooth so the little darlings can't get a start.
--
Cheers
Dave.

Someone suggested to me steel wool and then expanding foam into that. Haven't tried it though.
--
Windmill, snipped-for-privacy@NoneHome.com Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m

We had a problem with them digging under some shed walls, a load of small gravel is good at stopping that as the more they dig the more they might with it constantly collapsing..
--
Tony Sayer

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 18:51:12 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

I would say "A psychopathic cat". But we didn't have a single mouse in the house before we got the cats. Since then, we've been up to a dozen live mice in the house per day.
Little buggers bring 'em in, live and wiggly, then let 'em go. Fortunately, they don't then leave 'em unattended for very long...

Opposite for me. Since my male cat (a good catcher) was killed a few months ago I no longer have live mice in the house. He used to leave them under the sette for later hunting/playing with..
The remaining cat (fat and female) just caught and ate them.
--
Adam

On Sunday 01 December 2013 18:14 alec green wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Yes and no.
They won't wander in out of curiousity - nor to follow nice smells.
But if they *want* to get in, it will not stop them!
Talking of which - I must put that missing section of soffit back...

Like others said, no.
However, if reinforced with some steel wool (and the location is dry so it won't rust), they won't get through that. Actually, steel wool alone will usually stop them. It's the mouse equivalent of razor wire.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On Sun, 1 Dec 2013 20:00:28 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

If the gaps are small enough, use the cheap st. st. scourers from pound shops. Even 2 or 3 won't be expensive. Can also be cut up for smaller holes. I'd guess that the coarser scourers would be best.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 01/12/2013 18:14, alec green wrote:

I think it rather depends on what you do with the expanding foam...
--
Rod

On Monday, December 2, 2013 7:14:08 AM UTC+13, alec green wrote:

I roll up some galvanised chicken wire and push it into the gaps, then fill with foam, e.g. under corrugated roofing iron. Then make the foam flat and paint it.
On 01/12/2013 18:14, alec green wrote:

No, they will just use it as bedding material.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown