Mice, slugs, trails?

Hi all. Would it be possible for a slug to eat the bait out of a mousetrap? Do mice leave visible shiny gossamer trails like slugs? Wouldn't a slug trigger the trap?
Short of sleeping in the kitchen cupboard with a camera I've no idea how to find out what is in there. I've seen slugs and caught mice, but the mousehole's been closed up now and I haven't caught any for a while..
Nat
Nat wrote:

How about sprinkling flour around the area and seeing whether you end up with paw-prints or just slime trails?
(I once tried it in the kitchen before retiring for the night when we had a plague of nocturnal slugs; next morning I was none the wiser but SWMBO went ballistic at the flour mess...)
--
David

(snip) Brilliant idea! Thank you. (off to find some flour) Nat

Wont slugs stay away from the flour as they cant lay the slime over it ?. Same principle as putting gravel and sand around plants to stop slugs.
Dave

You could always put a camera on your PC, and do some time lapse photography ....
Rick

!! I suppose I could!!. Actually, the more I think about that the better it seems. I'm going to have a google for the kit. Nat.
Nat wrote:

How about putting some salt on the way to the trap ... this might slow any slugs down...
Alex.