Youtube recorder software?..

Does NE 1 know of a decent recorder for the above please thats preferably freeware for a charity project I'm lumbered with?..

Cheers..

Reply to
tony sayer

I may have misunderstood. You want to download Youtube content? is that right?

No software required, I use

the easiest way to get to it is just to add "kiss" front of the you tube url. eg.

Graham.

Depends on many things. I am led to believe that if you use The Firefox, IE or Chrome browsers there is an addon called Ant Video D ownloder which facilitates the local usage of any you tube video. Selectable resolutions if they are available can be made.

madge

Sorry, but I'm not in central Newcastle. I hope that doesn't render my input unwelcome?

DownloadHelper add-on for Firefox.

Reply to
Adrian

In article , tony sayer writes

For a basic flv stream, if you view on IE then you will find the whole flv in your temporary internet files but with the file extension missing. Simplest way to find it is to search for files recently modified and look for one of the appropriate size. Copy elsewhere, rename to something sensible and add the flv extension to make it viewable.

Reply to
fred

yeah. I am using a Firefox plugin

Its is a shade interesting to use, but works OK-ish

The Natural Philosopher

I have Firefox and use "1-Click YouTube Video Download" to download YouTube videos. It adds a "Download" button to every YouTube video page when it is displayed by Firefox.

That page has example images. Click on them for enlarged versions.

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

I think that's the one to go for, assuming you use Firefox.

Reply to
Max Demian

Google YouTube downloaded. Free version good, but insists that you install stuff and mucks up your browser. Easy enough to get rid of changes later.

Reply to
<address_is

Downloaded should read downloader. Bloomin' iPad thinks it knows better than me what I want to post )-:

Reply to
<address_is

In message , Peter Duncanson writes

I installed this, went to YouTube and clicked through a bunch of videos looking at them and found one to test on. It downloaded the right video, but with the name of the one I'd looked at immediately before. So, clicked on another video. This named it as the one I'd just clicked on, but when I checked, it was the same previously downloaded video.

It also lists the names with a black triangle in front.

I've used several video downloaders over the years, but all of them seem to stop working as FF (or Youtube) closes doors.

I'm on Firefox 25.0.1

Reply to
Bill

In message , Bill writes

'Closes doors'?

My FF (also now 25.0.1) has two YouTube downloaders.

This one sits as an icon, just to the left of the address field:

I don't use it much.

This one sits as an icon, to the right of the address field: This is the one I normally use. It allows you to download the video directly in a variety of formats and definitions.

As for using Internet Explorer, and digging the video out of the Temporary Internet Files folder, I used to do that. IIRC, the file was always called 'Get_video'. However, after one of the Windows upgrades, getting into the TIF folder now seems distinctly difficult (it seems that they don't want you to do it). I tried this yesterday, and every time I opened up the folder, the PC seized up. All the desktop icons and the taskbar disappeared, and there was nothing to click on to get out of the seizure. The only control I had was to control-alt-delete to bring up the Task Manager, whence I could do a controlled re-start.

However, there are loads of YouTube and general web downloaders (eg Orbit, and some others of which I've also tried). It's really a case of trying them, and using the one you like best.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Why is everyone assuming that the OP wants to download and save videos from Youtube, when he asks for a "recorder" program?

He may be looking for something to record, edit and upload video, in which case, any one of the free video editors should do the job. Make the video in any supported format and use Super video converter to convert it to a format Youtube can accept. If he buys the right camcored, it may have a facility to make Youtube ready videos.

When I bought a Sony stills camera recently, it had a basic video editing program on the CD, with an option to optimise uploads for all the common social networkng sites.

Reply to
John Williamson

Cut and past the url, can be saved in native and converted formats, HD downloads too.

Just be 100% sure to read the pop ups during installation and at the appropriate stage click cancel rather than next to make sure the ask toolbar isn't installed.

It also does lots more useful things than just youtube capture, like stream capture, screen recording, format conversion.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Looks interesting.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

In message , Ian Jackson writes

Just installed it - but BEWARE of the unwanted 'extras' it tries to foist upon you (Ask Toolbar and Paltalk).

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Hence my warning about using cancel, simply unchecking the boxes and then clicking next is not the appropriate action. DAMHINT ! (despite using it for a few years and regularly updating they altered their install procedure in the last few months.

Paltalk must be a new one as I've not seen it before

Reply to
The Other Mike

In message , The Other Mike writes

A lot of once-OK freeware sites now seem to be going to unusual lengths to palm you off with what you don't want - and some of it is pretty malicious. After the usual un-ticking of several boxes for the things you don't want, you then have the usual licence acceptance stage. However, be careful to read which licences you accept, because again they are often for the rubbish - despite the fact that you have already said you don't want them.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

The solution to both problems, that works for me, is before downloading a video I reload the webpage by either:

clicking on the circular arrow icon at the right end of the url box near the top of the screen

or

right-clicking on a blank area of screen and selecting "Reload" from the pop-up menu.

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

EULAlyzer is a useful tool for checking out such licences.

Reply to
Johny B Good