Testing the Pikey speed record

I have an old computer (HHD removed) and a f***ed electric heater to get rid of.

If I leave these outside my house when will they be gone?

My CCTV says that it is 21:28 and that I have just put them outside in clear view of a passing pikey on Cam 2.

Gentleman. Place your bets.

Reply to
ARW

No bet! You needed to give us warning. I only saw this at 21:36 so they'll be gone already! ;-)

Reply to
Scott M

They don't want those, don't be daft. One hopes you destroyed the disc first. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

About 10.30am

Reply to
mogga

Just checked. 9.06am.

Odd thing - he chopped the plug off the heater before taking it.

Reply to
ARW

You, of all people, should know it needed the relevant PAT sticker before being left in the street.

Reply to
mike

He probably knew that PAT testing consists of running your hand down the flex to check for damage and then plugging the appliance in to a socket to see if it works:-)

Reply to
ARW

Adam who is this girl Pat, that you test by running your hands over her flexy bits, then plug in to to see if she works?

. . . just curious :)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

On Monday 02 December 2013 18:59 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Oddly enough that is the most important bit (on double insulated gear anyway) - that normal users *should* be doing themselves from time to time - not waiting for Mr PatMan to come and do it for them!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Brain.

My post did say that the disc drive was removed from the computer. I put that bit in brackets

Help me to help you. If you tell me what you cannot hear on your voice reader and I will make try to my posts more helpful to your voice reader. Does the voice reader ignore some things such as smilies and stuff inside brackets?

You of couse you will understand that when I post a photo you are still f***ed with that type of post.

Adam

Reply to
ARW

You wrote aitch aitch dee removed. I don't know how that comes out in Brian's speech synthesis. It comes out okay in mine, but I don't immediately think that aitch aitch dee means hard disk drive.

Brian might not know that aitch dee dee is an abbreviation for Hard Disk Drive.

He will notice you called him Brain though :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Probably a good nick name for him as he is not stupid.

I just thought it would be interesting for me to hear what he hears/reads and see how I managed doing what he does.

Reply to
ARW

Install NVDA (it's free) on a Windows machine. Start it up (noting carefully the popup that tells you how to stop it later!). Blindfold yourself and have a try.

I've done it - I have a new student who has been blind from birth. We've been trying out a program that used not to work with it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ta Bob.

Reply to