Where have all the powers gone?

Where have all the powers gone, long time passing?

A somewhat interesting story. No advice needed, but I'll bet it's forthcoming. :)

I always turn most of my radios on with the sleep switch, including the bathroom radio. I pushed the button, 90 showed in the screen (90 minutes), but no sound came out. I adjusted the volume, pushed the up and down station buttons, the preset station buttons. I turned it off and on again, tried all the other buttoms, the AM-FM switch. Gave up. Tried again 24 hours later. Couldn't unplug the radio so I unplugged the whole mutliplug with the Powermid and the TV. Clock on radio still kept time. 3 minutes to reset itself, plugged back in, worked no better. I'm thinking it's probably broken.

8 hours after that, I turned the tv on, but it didnt' work either.

10 to 15 seconds to realize the GFI had tripped. Even though the 90 displayed in the screen when I pushed the sleep switch button.

House is 32 years old. I have one GFI breaker, with outlets in all 3 bathrooms and the kitchen (but not by the washing machine iirc) and the outside outlets. With the outside, I leave an extension cord plugged in and lying on the cement all year for thh last 15 years, and for the last 7 of 8 years, a radio plugged into that and sitting under the shadow of a wooden table/shelf, 4 inches above the cement. Sometimes I have a 100' cord for the electric mower plugged in. If that's why it tripped, it's the first time. I'll look a little tomorrow and try to post again.

The first or second summer, the GFI worked for a few months, then tripped every few days and I coudlnt' find the problem. I couldn't believe a breaker had failed in only 4 years, but it had.

Reply to
mm

Well, I reset the GFI breaker and everything seems all right. The clock had stopped displaying anything after one more day, but now it does again and it still has the right time.

Even though the little red light that I thought meant the back-up battery was depleted has been on for a year, the clock kept it's time for 2.5 days.

Reply to
mm