Subject Author Posted Replies

OT, single cup cOFFEE brewer CHOICE?
Hi all, I am trying to choose a coffee maker that uses K Cups or pods to get a constant brew. I live alone and like the idea of a single cup brewer. I have been looking at the: NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto...
27
27

Boxing in stairs
Hi Does anyone have any thoughts on how to box these in ? I'm not even sure on what material to use Many thanks :) Sean http://i61.tinypic.com/14lue14.jpg
17
17

Spot the error!
Watching an episode of 'Lewis' last night, he gets a clue by seeing someone enter 1 9 6 6 into a mechanical push button lock......
42
42

Black & Decker Electric strimmer
My one of these worked fine for a couple of years, but then gradually started to refuse to extend the string. I have tried a brand new B&D spool with string, but it still doesn't work properly. What...
16
16

Fridge freezer, low on gas? taken over a month to loose cooling capacity.
Our fridge freezer, a hotpoint FFA90P, has been struggling to keep the freezer compartment at a stable temp for about the last month and a half. We noticed ice creams were not as hard as usual in...
4
4

Changing Light Switches?
A neighbour, who rents her residence, has in her main room a double-dimmer light switch unit controlling the two ceiling light fittings. Now, one dim mer has failed mechanically; and the dimmers need...
6
6

CH radiator on plasterboard ?
Can someone remind me please as to whether I can mount a 24" double radiator (around 30lbs wt) using the screw-in type PB wall plugs ? It's either that or a couple of timber straps onto the studs...
20
20

Blocking in a doorway
Am about to fill in an internal downstairs doorway ay home using blocks, and am looking at the various different types. Am I OK to use one skin of those very lightweight (cheap, convenient!) aerated...
5
5

Boiler condenser pipe/overflow curved inwards?
Why do I keep seeing overflow pipes (or boiler condenser pipes, or whatever they are) on people's houses with the pipe curved round 180 degrees so it faces the wall? Why on earth would you want the...
158
158

Great difficulty cutting 18mm MDF with T101B jigsaw blade
Is there a recommended blade for cutting MDF? Using a new T101B, even with a fence, causes an uneven kerf and the blade seems to "bend" away from the board. Never had the problem sawing real wood.
30
30

Scottish independance and electricity
What's the point of these studies? Two new studies examine the UK energy market, and Scotland’s role in it, bearing in mind the forthcoming vote for Scottish independence. As James Hunt reports, the...
3
3

Tool rucksack
Anyone have any experience of using a tool rucksack? Any particularly good ones to recommend? Any features to look for?
6
6

Toughened glass
Looking to replace a broken pane of glass and checking prices on Google I noticed plenty of suppliers quoting for 4mm clear float and 4mm clear toughened. And giving instructions on how to price a...
15
15

Installing bathroom labour costs - Manchester...
What is a ballpark figure I can expect to pay to have someone install toilet, washbasin, bath, electric shower, extractor fan, lighting and all associated wiring, tiling and plumbing works in a 5'x9'...
3
3

Mobile phone batteries!..
You'd think this would be quite simple!. Need a new battery for my trusty olde Nokia 6303 mobile after all its been on its original since I bought it in 2009;!.. However seems that most on Amazon and...
5
5