Subject Author Posted Replies

Water flowing into garage floor
For a while I've been more and more troubled by water flooding into the garage, every time it rains particularly hard. Its a concrete sectional job, with a slab concrete floor. The reason it flows in,...
3
3

Is this a World record?
I managed to drive a woman (in this case my Mother) 70 miles without her asking if she could have a piss stop. That's got to be a record.
9
9

Woodchip subsitute
3 days' work to avoid £2.99. Emulsion is not normally gap filling, you'll need something else to do that bit. NT
13
13

Measuring internal dimensions
Normally a little bit of error on an internal dimension doesn't really matter but it'll be important on this job. Both 'ends' are buried (so it's not possible to read the scale of a tape) and one end...
10
10

Beading Floor-skirting and Bath Trim Seal
2 Questions: 1) I am putting beading on a vinyl floor/skirting board boundary: is it recommended to stick both surfaces - floor and skirting - or, I have seen suggested, just do skirting to allow...
1
1

Cordless drill report - Metabo BS12Pro 10.8V
Very confusing name ("Metabo BS12PRO Cordless Drill/Driver") considering it's 10.8V. Comes in a good case with two 4Ah Li-Ion batteries, a charger, and a rather natty angled drive gizzmo. I bought...
4
4

plumbing - joining plastic to copper, basin waste
Our handbasin waste pipe is a 28mm OD copper pipe. That is, the pipe that comes through the floor is 28mm. What's the best way to join a 32mm plastic to it so I can them use a plastic trap? Will just...
8
8

Hot Water Tank Balancing valve???
A friend of mine has just had a (leaking) 25 year old HW tank replaced - standard vented HW system gas heated by a secondary coil. The house is just like mine and on the output of the secondary...
12
12

top-hinged garage door?
When I was a lad, our garage door was hinged across the top. When you opened it, it did not use up any space inside the garage. They don't seem to make these any more: garage doors either lift up...
3
3

Tape recorder switch
I was wondering if anyone has seen one of these recently, lots of two input selectors around but one thatswitches input and output via phonos seem to be thin on the ground. I need it for a diy studio...
10
10

Anyone looking for a top end sliding mitre saw?
One to drop in my mailbox, seems like a good deal since these are normally well north of £500: (be warned though - its a big heavy beast!)...
3
3

Can I use HW with CH drained down?
I want to do some re-routing and radiator installation of my central heating here, which I'm likely to want to stretch over a couple of weekends (at least, knowing me!). If I do so, which will involve...
10
10

Cordless Drill
Thought I'd have a look at the Lidl one on offer this week. It's a lot smaller (and lighter) than most,so I thought I'd give it a try as a supplement to my larger ones. But still has a 10mm chuck....
7
7

My first router (TM)
Me and a mate are getting in on the good weather and tarting up my wooden window frames and soffits. Without the boring background stuff, I want to be able to mill halflap profile into both long edges...
44
44

OT: Ping Jeff Gaines (Wiltshire UK)
I know that Jeff is a regular contributor to newsgroups but not sure whether this is one of them? Anyone know where best to find him, please? Thanks
2
2