Tape recorder switch

I was wondering if anyone has seen one of these recently, lots of two input selectors around but one thatswitches input and output via phonos seem to be thin on the ground. I need it for a diy studio for analogue and digital recorders. No I don't want to use both at once!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They seem to be thin on the ground; most listings for various QED models sa y 'discountinued'

This ebay seller wants £30 for one - which he helpfully suggests still ha s its original £20 price tag. Plus £6 postage.

It's the old style with black metal desk case and 4 large white rocker swit ches:

Record (off, 1, 2) Source (1, off, amp) Source (2, off) Monitor (1, off, 2)

And on the back, phono sockets for:

amplifier (output and input, left and right) tape 2 (output and input, left and right) tape 1 (output and input, left and right)

The box says "connect two tape recorders to your hi fi system without chang ing leads by hand".

Usual disclaimer of buy off ebay at your own risk!

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

On 13 Jun 2014, "Brian Gaff" grunted:

Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Lobster

I can think of countless times in the past when that would have been ideal to have had available. Now, of course, I have no need of it. Typical.

Reply to
Davey

Hmm, knowing Ebay, I will probably find its a picture, but I'll get a friend to have a look. Thanks. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It is indeed a picture, but if it is as described and shown, then it should do the business. One cannot test the quality of the switched connections, which is where the unit could be made over-cheaply, but the price is certainly right.

Reply to
Davey

In message , Davey writes

Ditto. But at £4.99 and free postage, it's probably worth getting one anyway!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Indeed.

Reply to
Davey

In message , Davey writes

Bought

Reply to
Ian Jackson

The one linked above suggested by Lobster is 3 inputs (left, right and video, all on phono sockets) and 1 output, with a slider switch to select the, erm, selected input. In tasteful blue plastic.

It won't swap over inputs/outputs to allow you to tape from 1 to 2 or from 2 to 1, if that's what you want to do.

You can often split one output into two inputs without switching, without problems.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I think two units would allow you swap over the recorder input and output connections.

Reply to
Ian Jackson