Anyone looking for a top end sliding mitre saw?

One to drop in my mailbox, seems like a good deal since these are normally well north of £500:

(be warned though - its a big heavy beast!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Mucho bargain.

At the other end of the scale, I'm really happy with the £65 Grade-B Evolution that was recommended here a while back.

Reply to
Adrian

Looks to be a real bargain. Have you got the same one, John?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Close - mine is the 110V version without the laser... acquired from ebay some years ago at about 2/3rds that price IIRC.

Its a nice solid machine (particularly for a slider), and accurate. Possibly bigger than required for many tasks to be fair (it will cut 4" deep). Its quite heavy in use if say doing multiple passes for trench cutting. The LS1013 is probably the cabinet makers choice of saw (10" rather than 12" blade). The bevel cut capability is accurate enough to actually be useful as well.

Reply to
John Rumm