Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Scared Scientists: The Moving Portraits Which Will Change Forever Your Views on Climate Change
[Embedded links at site] Scared Scientists: The Moving Portraits Which Will Change Forever Your Views on Climate Change August 28, 2014 by James Delingpole First they showed us the melt"Yeah. It's...
4
4

OT "Implosion techology"
If you want a laugh. Perfect example of pseudoscience. GC talk - Review on the Game: City of Heroes
8
8

mahogany 3x2
Took down a partition with a friend the other day. Came away with what I think is mahogany 3x2 in various lengths. Was going to chop and burn in stove... is it saleable as is? Has Nail holes etc but...
7
7

Garden Pond
I'm not sure what I'm asking, except that if anyone can recommend someone in the Chester/Wirral/Liverpool area, I'd be very keen to hear of them. Son, whose house is in bits for cabling, plumbing,...
9
9

Offer: Bed Slats
In clearing out the loft I have come across something that several people here have asked about - bed slats. I have a boxful of unused Ikea Sultan slats, including the plastic bits. Anyone who would...

Running adjacent ethernet and mains cables?
I'm currently installing the fixed wiring for our AV setup in the living room. I need to run mains cabling for the sockets as well as CAT5E cable for the Tivo box/smart TV; basically these both need...
48
48

Perks of the job
Bloke a few houses away is some sort of overhead engineer for E.on, just noticed he's using the cherry picker on their van to lop his trees!
10
10

some good news anyway
Hitachis ABWR clearing the first regulatory hurdles... The third stage of the generic design assessment (GDA) for the Advanced Boiling Water Reactor (ABWR) is to begin in September after regulators...
8
8

Seal between shower tray and floor
I offered to install a shower tray for someone. The tray sits directly on the floor joists, and the rim will be level with the floor surface assuming it's tiles on 18mm ply (and as belt and braces, I...
1
1

OT browser Norton issue
Still on XP so worried! All I remember is clicking on an Flashplayer upgrade download. Firefox stalled, Norton switched off apologetically, explorer appears to load but then won't work or switch off....
34
34

electrical - connect room thermostat to boiler (Bosch - 2 wire bus)
can someone say where I can get about 10m of "nycy cable"? It's screened twin to connect a Worcs/Bosch FR 10 intelli-stat to the the 2 -wire bus. The guide says minimum spec = H05 W...(NYMH...). Need...
3
3

Faulty motorized valve body
A motorized valve in one of the zones of the central heating system at home is faulty. It is always open, even when no power is applied to it. It is the well known HONEYWELL 22MM 2 PORT ZONE VALVE...
6
6

Right Angle Drills
Is there such a thing as a right angle hammer drill or right angle sds drill? Kevin
13
13

Hair dryers, smartphones and kettles on EU Hit List
European Union to ban dozens of high-wattage household electrical appliances in follow-up to controversial ban on powerful vacuum cleaners European Union to ban dozens of high-wattage household...
109
109

Old 45A and new 40A MCB's get hot
Hi, We've got an old style consumer unit, which had a 45A MCB for the electric shower in it when we moved in a few years ago. I've never tried touching the MCB or the CU after using the shower, so...
6
6