OT "Implosion techology"

If you want a laugh. Perfect example of pseudoscience.

harryagain

If only it was not so depressing.

As Robert Park and others have pointed out, antigravity lets you make a perpetual motion machine. Nuff said.

Reply to
newshound

It makes the ultimate weapon, you can rip apart the enemy if you can either create or shield gravity.

Reply to
dennis

Harry's brain is already running in perpetual motion with his constant postings of global warming bullshit - amongst his other ramblings. Now, if anti-gravity doesn't mix too well with gravity, then he may well lose his marbles entirely - one hopes!

Reply to
Unbeliever

He lost his marbles down a black hole he thought was a green future.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah but is gravity just accelleration in another dimension. chuckle. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I have corrected the link for you.

Reply to
Nightjar

Why is that? If, for the sake of argument, it took 300 petawatts to cancel out the effect of the earth's gravity on a one kilogramme weight, so that it floated away, where would be the opportunity for perpetual motion?

Also, it is generally assumed that perpetual motion machines are impossible (by which I think they mean machines which produce energy from nowhere). But that's a human way of looking at things, you might say a moral way, because the idea of something for nothing offends some sort of built-in idea which we have about justice.

The universe, though, is under no obligation to comply with human ideas about what is reasonable. As a little kid I had a lot of trouble with the idea that the earth was round, as did most people a few thousand years ago. "Obviously" people would fall off. What I read about quantum mechanics is much more bizarre. But that's the way it is.

Reply to
Windmill

Don't think I have heard the laws of the conservation of energy or momentum described as anything to do with moral justice before ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm