Subject Author Posted Replies

Converting to sealed CH, parts question
After advice here about CH issues, which appear to be cavitation, I am look ing into changing my system from open vent to sealed. I have checked my boi ler (Micron 50FF) has an overheat stat, and it's...
4
4

Lubricating cables!?
I need to get 5 cables down a 8" lengh of plastic ducting (which is already embedded through a wall) - 3 TV/coax and 2 ethernet cables. I've slightly miscalculated, and it's going to be a very tight...
32
32

New plaster treatment
Emulsion, watered down emulsion or PVA?
15
15

Aldi power tool price reductions
Local Aldi (Leeds) was clearing out various DIY related stuff at reduced pr ices when I wandered round today. Five that I remember (or partially so): Powercraft version of B&D Power File - down to...
12
12

Hinges & Knuckles
I have fitted many a hinge to internal doors and always fitted them with the wing with most knuckles to the ... no lets wait for some debate before I own-up! I am only questioning it because someone...
7
7

Re: HW cylinder star question (update)
Well I picked up a new stat and everything's fine. I was curious to see what was wrong with the old stat so I opened it up. Before doing this you could turn the temperature knob from min to max...

OT - PDF converter/editor
I have to send one sheet of a credit card statement to an insurance company. I can download the complete statement as a PDF but I don't want to send it all. Now, I'm sure that one program I've used...
34
34

best w/screw type for T&G floorboards to joists
Anyone recommend a "good" wood screw for fixing 20mm T&G floorboards to joists? I have a room to do. I realize virtually any w/screw will kind of do but I'l like to do this job just once :-) Shanked?...
8
8

[OT] Black Friday - WTF is it?
It has just angered me enough to send this email to 8 suppliers, many of which I do regular business with: ##### Oi, you lot! Black Friday - never heard of it before. All I know is I have been deluged...
49
49

Class II appliance requirements
I was under the impression that Class II appliances had to have physical insulation e.g. plastic or other non-conductive material between the live parts and accessible metal parts, hence the term...
18
18

Re: Free website hosting
I have a site under sites.google and you can get at the definitions of most things from body text to each if the headings, set colours and background images, reasonable control of layout, etc. But I...
1
1

SIP trunk on an IP Office, with a SonicWall NSA 3500
I have posted this over at but just in case someone here knows the magic combination, I though I would ask here too! I am REALLY struggling to get a SIP trunk working on my IP Office 406 (5.0) with a...
5
5

OT A cracker this one. Definition of precocious
http://www.maniacworld.com/stay-calm-dad.html

OT Anyone else done their Christmas shopping?
All done and dusted here. And to keep it slightly on topic I bought my Dad an angle grinder to replace the one I broke.
27
27

HW cylinder star question
Whilst our CH is on the blink we've been using our immersion heater, a very rarely used item in our mains pressure HW tank. The overheat stay tripped out last night and when I looked at the...
2
2