Subject Author Posted Replies

Buying Netting
Am putting up a fruit cage 8ft long x 6ft wide x 6ft high, for someone at their allotment. And I'm confronted by a bewildering array of different types of netting available. Also confusingly, I've...
10
10

stuffs for sell (what will make you high)
we are selling below stuffs and delivery is safe and fast *Afghan Kush Grade:::::::A+ *Green Crack Grade::::::::AA Skywalker OG Kush Grade::::::::A+ *sour Diesel Grade::::::::A+ Top Shelf *Grand Daddy...

Where to buy/what to call sleeves on car battery terminals?
I need a couple of those little lead (?) sleeves that fit on a car bettery with smaller than standard terminal posts so that standard size clamp on terminals can be used. I've tried searching for 'car...
5
5

H&S risk assessment - use your head ;-)
The bike is called Bajaj Pulsar 150cc and it weighs 144 kg or 317 lbs if you're a Yank. AMAZING! Indian man balances motorcycle on head to climb a ladder and get it to the top of a bus. Indian guy...
3
3

central heating installed and working but <mild rant>
yes I did some of the diy myself - a few rads etc etc. Then the pros came in and did the real install inc. the boiler. When it was all done (and working fine) I found:- Inside the boiler gubbins was...
1
1

Ledgends of DIY #2: Reg Prescott
Ok, we've done Barry Bucknell. Younger enthusiasts of our hobby may not have known about Barry, but they may remember this other somewhat accident-prone DIYer and his escapades:
14
14

News individual . net
Anyone having problems with this recently? Mine has been a bit flakey for some days. Thanks, Nick.
8
8

Is it air in my heating system that causes my rads to make this noise?
I've made a quick video with my phone of the issue: (20 secs) The noise isn't that loud in the vid, but you can get the jist of it. If I open the valve full, the noise goes, but turns up later at...
18
18

How hot should water in a CH header tank be?
Been wondering why our loft has been getting so damp recently - thought it might be rain getting in but couldn't find an obvious leak in the roof and the damp on the roof lining (old Sizalkraft tar...
15
15

Exterior insulation to '20s concrete block?
Friend is buying a 1920s concrete block house. Steep site, so the roads are flat and every house is either up or down steps. As a result of the valley and lack of sun, there are always problems with...
18
18

Brick - wood-fired "pizza" ovens..
I've been looking at these for a while, maybe make one, maybe buy one and just watched this video: Angle grinders and spraying cement (about 6 minutes in) Pretty fascinating watching them being made!...
5
5

Outside water tap
I have just moved in to a house which has an outside tap. It is connected directly to the cold water supply in the kitchen: pipe through wall, with a vertical drop of 5 inches outside before it is...
14
14

gluing malamine strip to wood
To finish off a small cupboard I need to attach a 2 inch strip of melemine backed chipboard to some 2x2 timber, I cant get access from the rearside to screw in place and obviously I dont want to put...
7
7

WiFi in the field
Her indoors and her sister were shopping in M&S today and taking the usual number of hours. I had an Android tablet with me so I had a look at what wifi I could "see". The various SSID's included M&S...
31
31

car auxhilliary heater
This year we have a little one to take to the child minders so hectic morni ngs, and I have a diesel car which is slower to heat up than a petrol car. So I was thinking of some type of auxhilliary...
172
172