Subject Author Posted Replies

Combi (Ideal Logic 24) is burning away when remote thermostat is set as "off"...
Hi all, I have an "Ideal Logic Combi 24", which was installed two years ago by British Gas engineers. When I switch it off via the remote thermostat/controller, it still keeps burning for a very long...
5
5

Smoking log burner - Solved!
For years, seemingly at random, my log stove has smoked when being lit. I can tell it's going to happen because I can feel, by putting my hand in the stove, a draught coming down the chimney. We've...
16
16

Monoblock tap tails - onto which copper fitting?
Kitchen fitting happening (hooray). I have to make a proper job of the tap connections, which is a monobloc mixer with tails that look like: on the left end - 15mm nut, what looks like a rubber washer...
12
12

Stainless Steel Screw
Can anybody tell me where I can find screws like the one in the pictures attached? It is in A4 stainless steel, wood screw thread, flat torx head, about 20mm long and 5mm thread diameter The important...
9
9

Electric Shower Pressure Weirdness
Hi All We have a Triton electric shower, fairly high end as these things go (don't start...) 10 years old or so. It has a 'low water pressure' mode; when in this mode an LED flashes and the water will...
6
6

Preventing Frost damage by changing Air Humidity
Looking at how some people are protecting their Green Houses against the frost, i was surprised how tiny the flames were on the paraffin heaters in the green houses. They were hardly giving off any...
19
19

Damp loft
Daughter has just gone into loft and it is extremely damp with water on the insulation. My first thought is that it is condensation caused by lack of ventilation, but I would like to hear what the...
14
14

Saxton Blades offer FYI
Saxton Blades
2
2

New oven installation
Just looking for a sense check here.. Current installation is a gas hob & basic fan oven that runs off a 13A socket. These are plugged into a twin socket hidden below an adjacent kitchen unit, the...
10
10

concealed hinges for trapdoor
Hi, I'm putting some networking connections and stuff under a trap in the floor. I want it to be easy to open up for maintenance, but without any bits of hinge sticking up (trip hazard, unsightly), so...
8
8

Convector/Panel heaters
Can I fit one of these on the end panel of a vanity unit in a bathroom and run the power inside the vanity?
10
10

Lidl Ultrasonic Cleaner
Looks as though it was in stores this Sunday. Any one tried it? Any good? Cheers Dave R
22
22

You and Yours at it again.
It was discussing using heated clothes rather than heating the house - basically to save money. First interviewee said he had designed a jacket which used re-chargeable batteries - which gave a life...
70
70

European grid very tight...
As its cloudy, cold, and not windy and renewables are crap...France is running flat out and at the evening peak so too will the UK be, with imports from France already less than they might be. Thank...
42
42

Poss OT: Tumble not tumbling?
The tumble has decided to start playing up, only operating whilst the start button is held down. Anyone on the group know the reasoning for having a separate start button and what might need...
3
3