European grid very tight...

As its cloudy, cold, and not windy and renewables are crap...France is running flat out and at the evening peak so too will the UK be, with imports from France already less than they might be.

Thank Clapton most of the nukes are back on line.

(if you wondered what happened to French Gridwatch earlier today, they changed the data file format, is all, and I had to recode the bit that analyses it)...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Adrian

And even with all those wind generators, Denmark is only producing

80MW from them, and is importing nearly 1GW to compensate. At least we're producing 2.2GW from ours!
Chris Hogg

big static front all over NW Europe and south east of england..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

yup. For once the wind forecast is almost right.

Scotland has wind. Rest of N Europe zilch,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , Adrian writes

But no wind.

Reply to
bert

In message , Chris Hogg writes

And what is the total installed capacity of windmills in the UK?

Reply to
bert

Reply to
Tim Streater

Supposedly 7GW. So we are being short-changed to the tune of 4.8GW - that we have paid for. What I want to know is when the wind industry is going to provide us with what we've paid for. Perhaps harry can tell us.

Reply to
Tim Streater

En el artículo , Adrian escribió:

hint: not in the UK :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I am. And the sun so's bright I've had to close the blind, so I can't see if the wind farm is running or not.

Reply to
Huge

Same here

I see NI has been saved from 100 windmills

Reply to
Andy Burns

On the meters anyway

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sunny all day here too. Not seen a single cloud.

Reply to
harryagain

When the power lines to transport the electricty are completed.

Reply to
harryagain

Ah, but I am...

Reply to
Adrian

Its looking very critical. French and Dutch imports at zero effectively, all coal nukes wood burners and CCGT online, and already the pumped and hydro are pretty much giving their little all...wind is a measly 2GW...

I've lost French figures as they are simply showing 'no data' for crucial areas. Coincidence?

All we have left is STOR, a bit of OCGT and some mothballed oil burners that take hours to get online...sheesh

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah, so when that is done, wind will supply us with 7GW on a 7 x 24 basis? So we can use it as base load? That is what I have been asking.

Reply to
Tim Streater

why on earth bother with harry?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

According to this

we have 14.412GW listed capacity. But this is not consistent with the details they give here
which gives 12.52GW. Yer pays yer money....

Reply to
Chris Hogg