You and Yours at it again.

It was discussing using heated clothes rather than heating the house - basically to save money.
First interviewee said he had designed a jacket which used re-chargeable batteries - which gave a life of about 2 hours on max.
Next one said it takes approx 100 watts to heat a person.
Third expert said heating just the person would result in bills about 1/3rd of heating the home.
Shome mestakes shurely?
--
*The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

nope. I'd say all the figures are reasonable.
of course it depends how cold the environment is and how ell insulated the person is.
A person in full cold weather gear doesn't need any extra heat and its capable of generating 50-100W of 'idle' power.
200watt hours is 20Ah at 10v...big lithium pack, but not beyond the limits ..

I'd be wary of appearing in public wearing a jacket with loads of lithium cells attached.
Cheers
--
Syd

On 03/12/14 13:30, Syd Rumpo wrote:

I wouldnt

OK, how about bundles of candles taped together?
Cheers
--
Syd

NPs heated jacket? <
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1545709/thumbs/o-SUICIDE-VEST-570.jpg
On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 13:24:28 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

They've got a car battery on a little trolley following them behind, haven't they?
On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 13:31:07 UTC, Adrian wrote:

http://www.angliatoolcentre.co.uk/makita-dcj200dz-14-4v-18v-heated-jacket-1-x-3-0ah-li-ion-battery-and-charger-medium-pid40461.html?gclid=CLDV0LT_qcICFanMtAodTBMAbg
They had them on the moon and they didn't need a trolley, and it's much colder on the moon than most places in the UK.
On 03/12/14 13:31, Adrian wrote:

Nah. 200Wh is really not that big.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct@093
just over a kg.
and bang on 200Wh
charge in 12 minutes
not sure if I believe a £50 price tag tho
On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 13:41:31 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

3
Seems reasonable to me.
I've had two of these. Half the weight too http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/3s-lipo-battery-6200-mah-35c.html
On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 1:13:43 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You would have to heat the whole person including the face and nose otherwise it might get frost bite.
On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 13:34:25 UTC, zaax wrote:

Probably not. Back when I used to ride a motorbike I'd wear a heat jacket in winter, with heating elements in the body and arms. My hands would stay warm enough with just summer gloves on down to zero degrees C.

Nope, the heated motorbike jackets don't do that.

Nope, the circulation stops that inside the house.
I don't even have a heated jacket, just a heated throw that only covers the waist and legs and that works fine.
On 2014-12-03, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

"Heat is expensive, Cavlin. Just put on a sweater."
http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1986/12/30#.UkL4J4Zwp8E

Agreed.
And I heard no mention of spare jackets etc to allow for washing - assuming they are washable.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

On 03/12/14 13:41, michael adams wrote:

AIUI that was not the claim,. The point was rather that the battery-powered heating pads etc did not save money compared with conventional heating when there were 3 or more people in the household. I think it was implicit that took into account the capital costs rather than just the running costs.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid
London SW

On 03/12/14 13:53, michael adams wrote:

was technically feasible.
Insulation is cheap in a new build: heat recovery ventilation - depends