You and Yours at it again.

Was it Douglas Adams who pointed out shorts trousers make a lot of sense for small, energetic boys, as science has yet to come up with self-repairing trousers, but we all have self-repairing[1] knees?

[1] but sadly not when the arthritis gets a grip :(
Reply to
Robin

Heated kidney belt would be worth a try.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Because parents nowadays would be suing the arses off schools every time little Jimmy got a graze - never mind the traumatic stress and the effect on his asthma. While kids trousers like all other clothes can be made a lot cheaper nowadays in Asian sweatshops and so are cheaper to buy.

michael adams

michael adams

Wish you hadn't said that at tea time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sorry to hear you are so impecunious.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Grazes among footballers at any level appear to be relatively uncommon.

Do you have any evidence to the contrary ?

michael adams

michael adams

Ah - so just a tight arse, then. Who lives on his own with no visitors.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Now be fair. He didn't say he only had the one electric blanket did he ?

Who's to say he doesn't have other blankets in a cupboard which he gets out and plugs in, whenever he has company ?

michael adams

michael adams

Right. ;-) Must make for interesting dinner parties.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Right. Which obviously doesn't work.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Seems reasonable to me.

I've had two of these. Half the weight too

whisky-dave

We were told it got air to your legs and your legs needed air to be fit and healthy. In my case, that seems to have worked :-)

I was also born left handed and left handed was not allowed. They used to tie my left hand behind my back in school, to force me to change to right handed. I'm now ambidextrous lol

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Right, so having decided to forget all about schoolchildren playing football in shorts, a fairly frequent occurance and the basis of your original claim, which it goes without saying has been shot to ribbons, you've decided instead to base your argument on those schools where the children are forced to run marathons.

michael adams

michael adams

At school I was never without scabby knees.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Rod Speed has brought this to us :

Because everyone is much softer these days.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Dave Plowman (News) has brought this to us :

I'm told I have very nice legs :oÞ

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Rod Speed submitted this idea :

Long before heated jackets and gloves etc. appeared, they sold heated kidney belts. I never bought any of them, I never had that much trouble keeping warm on a bike, even an unfaired one. My last bike was my only faired one and I sold it a couple of years ago, the heat off its engine and radiator kept me quite comfortable apart from my fingers.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

So that is why my legs are now letting me down. Giving up on shorts @ 13.

I don't think I ever had quite such extreme pressure but I too was forced to write with my right hand at the time we were taught to write in script rather than just print individual letters. Unlike Harry I tend to class myself as ambisinistrous. (Spill chucker wanted to substitute ambidextrous for that unusual word).

Reply to
Roger Chapman

I had to look that word up ;-)

The 'being forced', I blamed for struggling with my hand writing for the rest of my life.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I have been using ambisinistrous for years but I didn't think it had ever made it into any dictionary.

I usually start the few snail mail letters I write these days with an apology for the formality of a typed letter and an observation that they really wouldn't want a see a hand written letter from me. ;(-

I dumped all my college notes within a few years because even I found the bulk of them illegible.

Reply to
Roger Chapman