Subject Author Posted Replies

Hot water but no central heating
Hi all im Tony and are new to this site I hope some one can help me with this problem if I turn my programmer to hot water boiler will fire up diverted will open and i get hot water however if i ask...
9
9

A grand well spent:-)
well £2500 in all. A builder who tampered with sluice gates during last winter's floods on the Somerset Levels is fined £1,000.
20
20

Daft idea - Letterbox guard
Anyone think this has any point to it? Fishing for keys? Why hang your keys near the door? As for evaluating your home contents, ffs. Internal Letter box Cover. Extra Security Letterbox Visor Guard. A...
30
30

Isolated cable bifurcation
How do I connect two cables to each phase of a circuit breaker if the dimensions of the cables exceed the space available in the circuit breaker? I need to install a Voltage Surge Suppressor at the...
16
16

Safe Registry cleaner ??????
Can anyone recommend a safe registry cleaner and source of same for Win7 please? (Background: I've installed Plustek 'OpticBook 3800' scanner software including Book Pavilion and ABBYY Finereader...
20
20

New boiler commissioning - pressurising expansion vessel ?
Hi folks. We've got this new "lodge" on a park in Cheddar which has an on-going list of faults etc. prior to being let out. At the moment my biggest issue is the heating (or lack thereof) which has...

Help to ID failed capacitor
During the preparation of yet another batch of mince pies my other half's trusty (30 odd year old) mixer let go with a very spectacular bang. Investigation shows a failed capacitor across the...
16
16

Trunking to go at the corner of a room
I would like to run some speaker cable up the corner of the room. Ideally I would like triangular section or "quarter circle" (that is a quarter slice of a round cake) profile. My Google skills don't...
8
8

Flourescent and static
Does a low voltage fluorescent - specifically the small type you might find in a caravan run from 12v where both end pins are paralleled - generate static electricity?
7
7

Oral B Electric Toothbrush
Anyone found a way of making the heads a bit of a tighter fit? The "fake" heads are so loose that they sometimes detatch mid-cleaning. The original ones seem to wobble more than they should as well.
6
6

Eco shower heads
Has anyone any experience of these? Any recommendations? Do they do what it says on the tin or are they just a waste of money? Keith
15
15

£6594 job application with no long term prospects.
Reeds are advertising this all over the country: Any idea what is going on? £6.6 thousand will take at least 2 years to pay back. )ffered pay is £8 /hr to start (28 to 35K when qualified) which may...
26
26

SSD drive in IDE laptop?
Has anyone installed an SSD drive in an IDE laptop, using a SATA to IDE adaptor? Is this feasible? (I have a Thinkpad T43 which still works well, and a cheap 128GB SSD drive, and I was wondering if I...
2
2

Anyone know what this tool is used for?
The only clues are the guy it came from was an Electrician and Millwright with a multitude of other tickets as well as an entrepreneur.
20
20

Tree Stump Killers
Gentlemen, Has anyone used one of those chemical (or biological) tree stump dissolving preparations to remove a stubborn, semi-rotten, broken-off fence post stump and if so, how long did it take to...
9
9