SSD drive in IDE laptop?

Has anyone installed an SSD drive in an IDE laptop, using a SATA to IDE adaptor? Is this feasible?

(I have a Thinkpad T43 which still works well, and a cheap 128GB SSD drive, and I was wondering if I can put them together.)

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Would it fit? I'd have thought it would be too long for a typical laptop's drive bay.

Reply to
Alan Deane

Yes. I had to pick and choose the adaptor off ebay quite carefully, but it worked.

It was something like this:

JM20330 chip - that doesn't work for some people, but it did for me.

That's the biggest problem. I had to take the SSD board out of its metal case to make it fit - my SSD board was only half length so there was enough space. It was a Kingston 30GB SSD.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos