Daft idea - Letterbox guard

Anyone think this has any point to it?

Fishing for keys? Why hang your keys near the door? As for evaluating your home contents, ffs.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Apparently Chummy can fish for keys on the table several meters away. Makes it rather difficult if he can't see them.

Reply to
Graham.

Funny place to store keys. Mine are in my pocket.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

prick

Reply to
Mick

Those guards are for doors with locks that do not need a key internally to lock the door.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I'm going to fit one.

Not for keys, but to make it harder for the perp to get at the inside of the yale lock.

Also affords some privacy - oiks cannot look in through the letterbox.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Why not fit a proper lock?

Why? Do you walk around naked?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

More wimpy pessimism. I actually have a Yale lock on the front door that I only use to answer the door when someone rings, but it's in the normal high up position, not reachable from the letterbox. I go out my back door as it leads to the drive where I park the car. That has a digital lock operated from an RFID tag on my wrist. Before I had that, I simply left the back door unlocked when I was in the house - why would you lock a house you're in?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Until they steal a maplin endoscope whatsit and refocus the lens.

Reply to
dennis

There you are Woddles! A free £1000 from Unc. You didn't actually like your house, did you (and you don't have to burn it *all* down)?

Reply to
Tim Streater

e:

[worries] How much is the average Aussie shack worth?

-- =

Bikini e pareo, camicia di pizzo e shorts, top e gonna di crochet!

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Yes, which is why it costs f*ck all to insure a house for fire. My hous= e (worth =A390K) costs =A34.50 a month to insure against fire, catastrop= he, etc.

-- =

Runtime Error 6D at 417A:32CF: Incompetent User.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 13:55:56 -0000, GB wrote:=

That happened before the bet was placed. Do you never read the fineprin= t?

-- =

A can of diet coke floats in water, but a can of regular coke sinks.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I got the builders to put one in the brickwork when they built the porch. They also fitted a 100 year old brass bellpush that I had into the wall. The mail falls into a cage inside.

Reply to
Graham.

ill never catch fire.

And what is it you think is wrong with the traditional position on the d= oor?

-- =

Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for this change to take= effect.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Wiremesh cage ovewr the letterbox is better. Especially if you have a letter-eating/finger-eating dog as well.

Reply to
harryagain

Why not just train the dog not to do it? Wire mesh is stupid, a large parcel or a big letter won't go through.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Most dog owners seem to think shouting at the dog will make it behave.

Maybe if you build one yourself. But most people buy stupid little things. I've seen mail hanging out of a letterbox because the cage is full.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

It's in your house, you should know.

Bollocks.

You show it the chewed mail then kick it, it'll make the association.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Then you don't need the guard.

No, everything can be trained.