Subject Author Posted Replies

Draw(er) ball slides?
What's the knack to re-assemble a draw(er) slide when you've got two halves, a movable bit, and a lot of ball-bearings in your Hand? (And thereby hangs a tale :-( )
8
8

Crazy idea number 423
Connect your mains water supply to a generator and get a constant free 150 watts.
20
20

Quick question - threaded terminals
Acquired a little powerchair for SWMBO over the weekend. Unfortunately the seller had "helped out" with an "improvement to take the cheaper batteries". On inspection at home, it seems the "fix" was to...
11
11

Anyone up for voluntering for a pic project?
Please... Assume - There is no money in it at all, though you would be welcome to any profits were any to be forth coming from sales. Its fairly basic idea, just some means of indicating when a 50L...
84
84

Ikea forgot to tell me
I've put up 6 Ikea wall cupboards, following the instructions meticulously, and now comes the last step - attaching the pull handles. But Ikea forgot to tell me where to put these. The cupboards are...
34
34

Shower Head recomendations....
I have a Mira 415 Pressure Balancing Shower Valve fed by a Combi. Currently I have a Mira shower head with 3 settings. I would like to fit one that has a pulsating effect. Has anyone any...
4
4

Richmond stove timer; how to remove
Morning, We've moved into a house with one of the above stoves, the four oven range type. Shortly after moving, two of the ovens stopped working, along with the time r. I assume it's the timer which...

B&Q "Evolution" Mitre/Bench saw - ?38 !
Popped into B&Q with the intention of buying a fine-cut blade for my circular saw (to finish the decking project) and right by the entrance, piled 4 high were boxes with their "Evolution" brand...
7
7

Disposable work gloves
Apologies if I'm suffering from brain fart, but I feel sure that someone in one or other of these NGs recently mentioned having bought some disposable (single use) gloves which were tough enough not...
10
10

OT The new cat just changed colour and swept the chimney
I thought I would give this one a home I was asked by a friend - how long do you think he will he stay white;-)? About 2 minutes after moving in was the answer. The daft sod just climbed up the...
18
18

Another mobile question - redemption cashback
My contract is due end soon and I'm happy with my phone, so will be free to choose a SIM only deal on any network (once phone is unlocked). Digging about I've come across a couple of offers from on O2...
13
13

OT - unintended consequences?
As everyone seems to be posting election stuff: Rents to be capped at inflation, rental contracts to be for three years with no termination by the landlord without a "good reason" (whatever that is)....
16
16

OTish; Laptops
Time has come to replace the tower PC with a laptop, so I'm after some advice from the learned people here, since I'm a computer numpty. I'm looking for something around 16". I don't play games (only...
287
287

Soil pipe - rodding point or vent?
We have a soil pipe running down the outside of the house, which goes underground then turns horizontal, and runs towards the main sewer. A few feet from the soil pipe is a branch which leaves the...
7
7

Wood screw / Threaded Fitting
I want to be able to fasten a bolt in to a piece of wood - the back of which is inaccesible. I am looking for a "wood screw" which will have a tapped hold down its middle -into which I can fasten a...
9
9