Draw(er) ball slides?

What's the knack to re-assemble a draw(er) slide when you've got two halves, a movable bit, and a lot of ball-bearings in your Hand?

(And thereby hangs a tale :-( )

Reply to
gareth

Grease - to hold the ball bearings in place.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Go to the ikea spares department?

Do you have another one to copy from? If so, what's the problem?

Reply to
GB

The ones I use have a carriage as a third component to hold the balls in position.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

If it's in pieces then chances are it's all bent up and needs replacement. FUBAR in other words. The only option is to replace it.

It might end up cheaper to replace the whole piece of furniture if many slides have broken in that way (we have an Argos chest of drawers where every single drawer slider gave up the ghost).

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

Amazon is your friend. The slides used by MFI and Ikea are interchangeable in many cases. Just make sure the length is correct.

Reply to
Capitol

Funnily enough, I usually find there are nearly always some balls missing as well, so a source of balls would be nice. There seems to be several types of these but they do tend to have a kind of plastic bit that stops the balls falling out, except that it either breaks or wears so they do. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Replace them!

I've bought from these people on-line.

Good heavy duty runners at reasonable prices so it's hardly worth the effort

- and frustration - of fiddling with the old ones.

Do tell what went wrong with the old ones!

Reply to
Terry Casey

Probably a destructive sideways thrust as the chipboard cartouche around the drawer slowly disintegrated.

Moral about Magnet kitchens - they are repulsive!

Reply to
gareth