Subject Author Posted Replies

Latest super clean eco VW pix.
http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/volkswagen-logo-steam-engine-train-massive-smoke.jpg
2

Baxi RF room thermostat eating up batteries .....
Hi folks, I would appreciate some help with a heating problem I have! Over the past year I've had to change the batteries on my Baxi RF room ther mostat with increasing frequency. At first I assumed...
7
7

Moving location of extractor fan exit
Current situation: Extractor fan in main bathroom after a shower leaves the room steamy and with condensation on the walls, in reality its useless. The fan is located in the ceiling above the...
6
6

Matching AC mains adapter to motor?
Asking for a non-internet compliant acquaintance of my mum... The friend's apparently bought an electrically powered recliner chair, but missing its PSU. Not sure where from, but the vendor has...
5
5

Powercut in Waitrose
Was in Waitrose yesterday, queueing for the self-service checkouts, when the power went off - lights (most) and all the chiller/freezer cabinets all stopped. Only for a few seconds, but long enough to...
8
8

Air lock in central heating return?
I am trying to be a friendly neighbour by trouble-shooting someone's vented heating system. This system has operated fine for many years. The problem: The boiler cuts-out after a few minutes after...
25
25

What size of tile chisel for sds+ drill
I will shortly be removing wall & floor tiles in shower room so going to get a tile chisel for removing them, I note there are various sizes of blade width, is wider better or is there an optimum...

Apollo oil tank level gauge, move receiver?
My new oil tank (1100 litre Harlequin ITE) is fitted with an Apollo wireless level gauge. According to the instruction sheet which the installer gave me after setting it all up, the receiver should...
18
18

Gas like smell
Hi we have been living in our bungalow since March and never had any proble ms with smells but after being away for ten days we can home and there was a really bad gas like smell in the little hallway...
15
15

Upright Hoovers and Dysons
Is it just me - or do others feel that the cleaner seems to lift the pile of the carpet better when pulled backwards? Is there an opportunity to improve the design to make them as good on the "push"?
10
10

Overwintering 85AH spare battery
Provided that it's got (& keeps) a decent level of charge in it. The electrolyte in a flat battery will freeze at (roughly) -8C. A 70% charge will keep it liquid down to (roughly) -35C.
22
22

Identify this car for me please
Not made a decent woman of her yet?!
9
9

Electric water heaters + showers question
The 2 possible locations are both on an inner wall giving into a well. And only 2 wall spaces since the rest is windows. Only two options for gas: 1. Where the existing Main is, which will be a...
5
5

Vehicle Oil Leaks
I can never seem to get the conventional copper washers used on sump and gearbox drain plug bolts to seal 100%. Even with a brand new washer, blue hyolmar and the correct torque, there'll always be...
6
6

Gridwatch at Sizewell
We went on a trip to Sizewell B power station today (group trip with some other home educating families). At the end of trip, in the visitor centre entrance, one of guides was showing some of them the...
14
14