Matching AC mains adapter to motor?

Asking for a non-internet compliant acquaintance of my mum...

The friend's apparently bought an electrically powered recliner chair, but missing its PSU. Not sure where from, but the vendor has provided an internet printout of the following unit and assured them that it's the correct one:

However, I gather the motor on the chair is labelled "24V" and they are worried that the ebay item is rated 29V.

I don't know enough electrickery to be sure, but (all other things being equal) I think it should be OK in principal, shouldn't it? I note that all similar listings for such PSUs for recliner chairs also seem to be 29V.

Mother (who is on the net) has been co-opted into making the purchase, and has enquired of me... :(

Thanks!

Reply to
Lobster

Non-continuous motors aren't critical re voltage.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The extra 5v would add a little more torque to the motor, but that's probably all. In theory the motor would run hotter, but it doesn't run for very long so you'd almost certainly be ok with it. The main thing in this case is that the replacement power supply has a current rating either the same or higher than the original unit.

Reply to
mick

With all electricity sources, the voltage varies when in use. ie as the load rises, the voltage falls. So in use the voltage will likely be 24 volts. You also need to check that it can supply sufficient current (amps) to meet that of the motor(s). How ever many will be in use at once.

Reply to
harry

Another thing to watch is the electrical connections. Also don't see any mention of the input voltage? Should be 230 volts AC. A lot of stuff is 120 volts, definitely not suitable. (Intended for US market)

Reply to
harry

Well, its not much and one could suggest it will drop under load in any case. the main thing is can it take the current involved. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff