Subject Author Posted Replies

I already like the new customer
Just had a "can you do the job before Tuesday?" phonecall. I said I could but it will have to this weekend over two afternoons. Customer then said "Great, do you drink tea of coffee?". I just know I...
18
18

Wireless cordless plug in door bells
I have a doorbell which only rings actually at the front door, and the bell cannot be heard in my office, so I need one of these new-fangled wireless bells! With my previous one (Friedland) the bell...
11
11

OT The Forth Bridge
I think they're over reacting! Just because of a few cracks in the metalwork they've closed the bridge. I sometimes look at a newsgroup populated mostly by Russian engineers. One person, a senior...
91
91

Textured paint
Any recommendations here for a decent textured paint for a ceiling? A relative of mine is looking for a quick way to cover up some relatively minor blemishes on a kitchen ceiling after some pretty...
9
9

Boiler - what did I do?
Never had a house with a boiler before - just coal fires. So Baxi 105 is in a utility room which also has a shower. SWIMBO goes to have a shower at the same time as I try her new toy, a household...
54
54

Problems opening attachments
I have had several recently, which I cannot open. when I try they seems to say that it has embedded macros and does nowt. I have tried download programs for the attachment, but get a warning from my...
19
19

Martindale Re Call EZ150 EZ650
http://martindale-electric.co.uk/safety.php
3
3

OT UKIP dying
A very strong smell of rancid kippers today. I do hope all the usual suspects had a bad nights sleep. LOL
4
4

Smart Gas Meter question
N Power are going to change my gas and electricity meters in 2 weeks time. It has got me wondering - how will the gas meter be powered as I presume it needs elestricity to transmit its data?
22
22

Quote of the day!
A not so regular feature on UK DIY where people put up their most comical q uotes from scumsville pretend tradesman. The job is re-hang a common stair door, so it has added juicyness of being split 7...
10
10

Installing shower backer board
As I progress with my shower room refit I have just realised it was my intention to mount the backing board on the existing plywood partition, I have stripped the old tiles and it is still in good...
3
3

Stannah stair lifts
We had one fitted for MIL on one of the staircases, two rails with quite complicated curves. It hasn't been used since she died a few years ago, I am inclined to leave the rails in place but it would...
8
8

Cooker Hood - Maximum Duct length?
I would like to change a cooker hood from recirculation to extraction to outside. The hood is mounted on an internal wall, however as the property is a bungalow it may be possible to run a rectangular...
16
16

OT? Sonos advice please.
Hi All, Could anyone experienced with multi-unit Sonos installs (ideally CONNECT:AMP) give me some advice re the (ideal?) configuration please? A non-technical mate has such a system and apparently it...
4
4

Headlight (low beam) not working (Nissan Tino 1.8, 2001)
Car electrics... gha! The offside low beam headlight on my Noosan Tino 1.8, 2001 has stopped working I checked the single-filament bulb. It's fine I checcked for voltage to the connectors. There is no...
56
56