Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: BT Protect
A bit OT, but is very quiet these days, and I'm sure opinions will be available here. My ISP is I've been with them about 10 months ever since Virgin Media threw me off. Quite happy with them so far,...
16
16

Any rec's for wood glue please.
Good evening to all. My old pot of Cascamite powder is coming to the end of its days. It has done well, probably more than 10 years. I imagine that in that time technology will have moved along a bit....
16
16

I already like the new customer
Just had a "can you do the job before Tuesday?" phonecall. I said I could but it will have to this weekend over two afternoons. Customer then said "Great, do you drink tea of coffee?". I just know I...
18
18

Wireless cordless plug in door bells
I have a doorbell which only rings actually at the front door, and the bell cannot be heard in my office, so I need one of these new-fangled wireless bells! With my previous one (Friedland) the bell...
11
11

OT The Forth Bridge
I think they're over reacting! Just because of a few cracks in the metalwork they've closed the bridge. I sometimes look at a newsgroup populated mostly by Russian engineers. One person, a senior...
91
91

Textured paint
Any recommendations here for a decent textured paint for a ceiling? A relative of mine is looking for a quick way to cover up some relatively minor blemishes on a kitchen ceiling after some pretty...
9
9

Boiler - what did I do?
Never had a house with a boiler before - just coal fires. So Baxi 105 is in a utility room which also has a shower. SWIMBO goes to have a shower at the same time as I try her new toy, a household...
54
54

Problems opening attachments
I have had several recently, which I cannot open. when I try they seems to say that it has embedded macros and does nowt. I have tried download programs for the attachment, but get a warning from my...
19
19

Martindale Re Call EZ150 EZ650
http://martindale-electric.co.uk/safety.php
3
3

OT UKIP dying
A very strong smell of rancid kippers today. I do hope all the usual suspects had a bad nights sleep. LOL
4
4

Smart Gas Meter question
N Power are going to change my gas and electricity meters in 2 weeks time. It has got me wondering - how will the gas meter be powered as I presume it needs elestricity to transmit its data?
22
22

Quote of the day!
A not so regular feature on UK DIY where people put up their most comical q uotes from scumsville pretend tradesman. The job is re-hang a common stair door, so it has added juicyness of being split 7...
10
10

Installing shower backer board
As I progress with my shower room refit I have just realised it was my intention to mount the backing board on the existing plywood partition, I have stripped the old tiles and it is still in good...
3
3

Stannah stair lifts
We had one fitted for MIL on one of the staircases, two rails with quite complicated curves. It hasn't been used since she died a few years ago, I am inclined to leave the rails in place but it would...
8
8

Cooker Hood - Maximum Duct length?
I would like to change a cooker hood from recirculation to extraction to outside. The hood is mounted on an internal wall, however as the property is a bungalow it may be possible to run a rectangular...
16
16