US mains multiway adaptors

After a fruitless look on eBay and failed "Google-fu" can anyone recommend where I might obtain a US mains multiway adaptor in the UK, i.e., a 2 flat pin plug with a series of 2 flat pin sockets, other than going in to a Home Depot the next time I'm there? I do NOT need UK compatibility of any kind (which is what screws up my Google searches)!

When I'm staying in a hotel there, I frequently have to plug in 3 or 4 chargers and sometimes there aren't enough sockets so I'd like to take one with me - preferably a compact one.

Reply to
Huge

I looked for plug multiplyer on google and found these

(you might want to wait till you get there) or do some further searching with that term

Reply to
Chris B

The second link was supposed to be to the cheaper "block" at the bottom of the page. You will just have to scroll down.

Reply to
Chris B

or a search that should turn up some others

Reply to
Andy Burns

CPC are often good for this sort of thing, they certainly have European ones.

Reply to
Chris Green

Know anyone who has access to the base shops at Lakenheath or Mildenhall ?

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Sadly not.

I just need to bleeding remember the next time I visit the USA!

Reply to
Huge

Google North American PDU but be prepared for a sharp intake of breath at the price.

These normally come with UK style plugs tho - you would need to change that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

FTFAGOS! Walmart, when he gets there, or whatever the equivient of WH Smith's is in the arrivals hall.

Reply to
Graham.

I don't know why but I can't see the original post - surely you've not KF'ed me, Huge??

On 19 Sep 2016, Chris B grunted:

Ebay is your friend... here's how:

Go to ebay.com, rather than ebay.co.uk, and search for "power strip" (which seems to be the preferred merkin terminology) which generates 64,000 hits - and because you're looking at the US site, these will default mainly to US plug-type.

Then pick "Free international shipping" from the filters down the left-hand side, and that leaves you with a mere 46,000 to choose from. Most of these will be manufactured and shipped from the Far East much as we're used to. When you've found what you're after, plug the item reference number back in to the ebay.co.uk site, and all being well the same item should pop up there in your account, with free shipping as well.

eg: ?7.45:

?6.54:

Job's a good'un, as they say.

Reply to
Lobster

The better smartphones can do geo based reminders so you can get it to remind you when you are there next.

Reply to
Janok

I thought they now used those three pin round things, well two pin and a band around the plug for the earth. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Depends on how small is small but I have an eight way switched Belkin multiway sitting here. Has surge protection - a phone (landline protection). It is about 10" x 4" x 2" in size.

No use to me now so yours if you want it.

Email address is valid even if not regularly checked.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

if it helps.

Reply to
Andrew May

That's the conclusion I'm coming to. Having discussed it on here should be enough to remind me to have a quick look when next we arrive, and failing that, to stop off at a DIT shed and see what they have.

Reply to
Huge

Thank you, that's exceedingly kind, but it's a little large for what I want.

Reply to
Huge

A tip from Mumsnet, is to take a *UK* multiway adapter and a single US-

warts aren't too fussed for input voltage ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I have either 2 pin x 3, 2pin swivel or 3 pin x 3, 3 pin fixed I could mail you any good?

Reply to
Capitol

Yes, but UK plugs are *huge*, and I've already got US chargers for everything.

Reply to
Huge

Ah well ....

Reply to