Price Pfister 34 Series Kitchen Faucet

I would appreciate hearing if folks think this is high maintenance and high cost of parts or about right....

I installed a Price-Pfister 34 Series single-control kitchen faucet about

6-7 years ago. All the ones shown on this page are the actually the same model.... I just uploaded it to alt.binaries.maps. (Couldn't find anything relevant to plumbing and no one much uses this newsgroup.)

Original URL is ....

The spout has been hard to move side to side for a year or more (likely o-ring problem - $1.35 each for two thru Price-Pfister. I can live with this price). Already replaced it once before.

Then tonight, the spray nozzle stopped working. The website says cost of replacement part is $24 - kind of on the high side, I'd say. Especially since we have given this faucet extremely light use and rarely even used the sprayer.

For comparison, I have other higher use fixtures in the bathrooms in the house, installed about the same time, which are Moen and Delta, and I have not had one single problem or had to replace anything in them, including rubber parts, since they were installed 6-7 years ago.

Then I noticed that PricePfister is a Black & Decker company..... oh, great. Considering that I have owned several B&D small power tools and none of them have worked longer than 3 months without a design defect problem. Thank goodness for Home Depot's sympathetic return policy!

Thanks in advance.

Fred

Reply to
Fred

Price-Pfister is supposed to have life time warranty. I have the same or similar facet and have the same problem with the swing. I've replaced the "O" rings a couple of times (free of charge). I've tried a number of different lubricants but none really work that great. One problem is the washing away by water. So I now use a water pump grease which used to be used on tractors years ago. It resists washing but is not as effective as a lubricant as others I've tried. I complained about the problem to the supplier but he had no real solution.

Is your water very hard? Take it off and let it soak in vinegar for several hours or over night.

Reply to
Shopper

i use delta and kohler

Reply to