How to change Price Pfister bathtub faucet seats

We have an old three handle bathtub faucet from Price Pfister and it drips almost monthly. We have tried replacing the rubber washers and it helps for a bit, but then starts dripping again. I was led to believe that it may require changing the faucet seats as well as washers. They are removable according to a local plumbing supply who sold us two new ones. My question is how do I remove the existing ones and screw in the replacements. We bought a seat removal tool, but which direction do I turn it to remove the old seat? I don't know if it's clockwise or counter clockwise to remove the damaged seats and I would hate to make a mistake and break it.

Also is there any repairs besides washer replacement that can be done to the diverter valve (middle handle)?

Thank you for any help.

Reply to
bargaindealsman

Turn CCW to remove. Often they are *very* tight and there is risk of rounding out the hex hole. If you get them out, use thread sealant (pipe dope) on the new ones. Do not use Teflon tape.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim