Kohler Bathroom Faucet Leak

Hello, This Kohler faucet was put into my home in 1972 when it was built. It has two handles about on 10 inch centers and a swivel spout. It goes with a rather large sink which was designed to bath babies. It also has a spray. Lately water has begun to leak around the bottom of the hot water faucet. Here's where it get weird - it leaks only if the cold water is ON and the hot water is OFF. I try to always turn on the hot water FIRST and then the cold. I know this probably sounds nuts but, if you've come across this before can you explain how I can fix this. Thank you for your help. Dennis

Reply to
Desiglass

I believe the sink is called the eclips, or something close to that. The faucet probably has Kohler velvet units(spelling?) Anyway units are still available from Kohler and also aftermarket (such as Danco) Best to replace the whole self contained cartridge unit. Remember 2 hot stems for X-arm handles or hot and cold stem for lever handles. Usually an easy fix but be sure when taking them apart from the top, you don't spin the whole valve assembly. The earlier units had copper supplies from the valves to the spout and are not so forgiving when twisting them.

kenny b

Reply to
kennybs