Water faucet problem...

The faucet on my master bath sink has a strange problem with the hot water shutting off when you turn it on 1/4 (or so) of the way and leave it running for a few minutes and then quite often refuses to come back on after several attempts. The cold water faucet doesn't have the problem and the other faucets in the house don't act this way either, just the master bath sink faucet.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem?

Reply to
Soul Bandit

Hi, Open it up and investigate I guess.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Duh... I was wondering if some one out there might have some suggestions as to what might cause the faucet to act that way. When you say, "Open it up and investigate...", wasn't what I was looking for. Thought some one might have had a simular problem and might have seen the corrective solution...

Robert Bodling

Sure, after you open it up and investigate, replace the rubber "O" rings or washer. They sometimes act up with hot water, but I've never seen it to the extent you have. You don't give details as to brand, but most are fairly simple to replace. Step one is to open it up though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I think I have eliminated to problem (for not at least) without having to open the faucet, I opened the cutoff valve un the sink a little more and so far, the problem has stopped.

Reply to
Soul Bandit

I think for the most part, I've eliminated the problem by simply turning the supply valve a bit more open allowing more water to flow to the sink faucet. It has not shut off lately since.

Reply to
Soul Bandit