prep for wallpaper

when hanging wallpaper or sanatist, is there a prep that has to be painted on first? Walls are plaster and in some areas sheetrock.

Reply to
mo

The best, most readily available product for this is Gardz.

I know you'll find other products on their web site specifically designed for wallpaper prep. But take it from one that has been the business for nearly 30 years. This is the way to go. It will also make removal easy when you want to change it.

I have associates that have had failures with Sheildz. I've used it & never will again.

sanatist,? I assume you mean Sanitas. Which leads me to think you'll be using a prepasted wallcovering. Many prepasteds don't have enough adhesive on them. You may want to add a bit of premixed clear to your water & roll it on instead of using a water tray. You'll have to experiment.

Here's an informative link. And no I'm not in any way affiliated with them.

3rd eye

Best is oil primer and Size if you ever want to have the option to remove it.

Reply to
m Ransley