Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas Clothes Dryer
I have a fairly new but very lightly used front loader Whirlpool Duet that has always served me well, but has gradually not dried as well as usual. Due to circumstances it uses a flex tube to vent. I...
25
25

The Go Daddy ad
The worst part is that sickening noise when they kiss. Just too repulsive.
7
7

The Day the Earth Stood Still -
The 2013 Super Bowl power outage!!! Will this impact future life on planet Earth? Do we even have a chance to continue to exist? After all, the Super Bowl is the last frontier, the last means of...
4
4

GFCI's work, Chinese light fixtures don't
A couple of years ago I built a shed and ran power to it through some underground PVC conduit. Power to the shed is sourced from a GFCI receptacle under my deck. The shed has an interior light...
10
10

Incandescent Bulb "Wear Out"
I hadn't thought much about this before but today I started wondering what percentage of light output is typically lost as a large (100-250 watt) incandescent bulb ages, before it's filament finally...
46
46

Comparison of heating fuel prices
Prices per MM BTU range from $11.36 for a Masonry heater* to $33.21 for an electric heat pump. best non-weird heating source is Natural Gas at $13.52 per MM BTU. --------- * A "Masonry heater" is one...
4
4

Pool Installation
After months of deliberating we're going to 'take the plunge' and go for it with a pool. We've decided on a soft sided resistance pool, similar to this kind of thing 'Inground Pools vs. Endless Pools'...
4
4

Electrician Needed in New Orleans
Electrician Needed in New Orleans..... Or did one of you DIY guys wire up that football stadium before the Superbowl, and use 14-2 romex for some 1000A mains????? Good grief, the game was delayed 35...
25
25

Snow along US/Mexico border?
Just a few days ago I was watching a TV show about illegal immigration across the US/Mexico border, and it looked like there was snow on the ground there. In fact, it even looked like there was snow...
9
9

What State is "Quaker State"?
What State is "Quaker State"? I cant seem to find it on the Atlas!!!!
11
11

About 3 in one oil??
This is something I am doing at home, besides you guys have a lot of great info that is hard to find elsewhere. Spring is almost here, and that means fishing - at least for me. I have six spinning...
27
27

OT: Another computer question
As I noted the above thread, I plan to purchase a laptop. To add, it will be replacing my desktop, but I will still use my desktop monitor when applicable. I just learned they no longer make docking...
20
20

Breville BKC700XL (Keurig pod expresso machine) reset?
Someone just gave me one of these expresso machines. I can't figure out how= to use it. The owners manual seems to just assume the machine works, that = you prime it, press MENU to get it to show...
6
6

When is firewood seasoned?
"Steve B" wrote in news:kem0v4$has$ Hold the log by one end, and rap the other end on your driveway. Dry wood makes a characteristic ringing sound -- a baseball bat gives a great example of this --...
11
11

Unused water heater, leave full or empty?
A friend has a house that came with two identical water heaters hooked up in parallel. He doesn't need all the capacity, so we turned one of them off and turned off the water going into it. This was...
48
48