Subject Author Posted Replies

Sears power tool parts
I"ve got an Craftsman bench grinder I bought over 30+ years ago. Needs a replacement for one of the eyeshelds. When I go to the searsparts website and look up the model number it finds it but they no...
31
31

break away 120 vac electrical plug
What should I buy for an outdoor 120 VAC electical connection that requires breakaway capability? The connector will be exposed to rain and even occasional snow. Hopefully there is a solution that...
36
36

Can I use a programmable thermostat with an oil furnace that circulates water?
We are moving into an apartment that has an oil furnace with radiators (water). Can I change the thermostat over to a programmable one? I have had forced air gas heat in the past and always been very...
43
43

Cordless drill recommendations
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill. Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ?? Thanks, And
14
14

Pegasus fawcet. Where does this screw go??
I have a Pegasus faucet. Does anyone know where this small screw (lower left corner) goes? I think it fits into the hole in but don't know how to get it in??
8
8

Snaking too often
I usually don't have to call a plumber to snake the kitchen drain more than every 3-4 years. I am very prudent about grease, etc.; always wipe it int o the garbage before washing dishes or running...
19
19

Giving credit when a warranty is honored
I installed a bunch on Simonton VRW about 6 years ago. The vinyl frame has a lifetime warranty and the windows themselves have a decreasing warranty that goes out about 50 years. The first 20 years...
7
7

Gardens, Pests, Poisons, Friends....
This is my first year with a koi pond, full-scale veggie garden, and lots of shrub/flower beds to put in. It's been a real learning experience, all around. First pest to show up was a colony of...
5
5

OT More hypocracy from the USA
The USA wants Snowden whilst it grants assylum to Chechen terrorist. And a whole lot more fromLatin America Russia’s Foreign Ministry has said that it has been “at least bewildered” by the...
8
8

Bizarre toilet leaking problem
I don't blame you if you don't believe this. If I hadn't seen it personally, I wouldn't either. Here's the situation. After 10 years, the caulking around the base of the toilet and the tile floor it...
40
40

What is this bug?
When I lived in Brooklyn, NY, I saw German cockroaches and what we called water bugs, wider and fatter than cockroaches. But in the last month I've found bugs even bigger in my bathroom. I don't know...
12
12

Another cleaver router name
GetOffMyLan
8
8

BlackMax Model SM16H146 product 960440001
I bought a riding lawn mower (BlackMax Model SM16H146 product 960440001) at Sams about 5 years ago. I (and my local mower repair store) am having pro blems getting parts for it. I heard that...
7
7

Mower weirdness
I have a three year old MTD mower with off-brand "Powermore" motor. Today it has started to miss for a few minutes and then all of a sudden it speeds up way past normal to the point I get concerned...
23
23

HVAC Not Running
Our downstairs area has a Carrier heat pump system. As of yesterday, when the thermostat calls for cooling, the outside unit (fan and compressor) just buzzes. The fan does not spin, and the fan motor...
24
24